• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lalonguecarabine

A legend in my own mind!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    Houston
    What sort of things are in your area, and what sort of experience do you have?
    Did you have certifications before and let them lapse because you changed careers or something?

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Im from the rio grande valley area. No I had nothing but weapon experience and a guy from a company in hidalgo,tx offered me the job (8month contract) I pretty much just went with him to meetings ecct. And I needed to carry my weapon never got to use it thou. But contract is long over( since may). And im in serch of another similar good paying job.

Did the company in Hildago have a license? Did you go to a commission/level 3 training school and obtain a level 3 registration from the Texas DPS? Did you wear a uniform when you went to these meetings armed to provide security?

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    No training just the one I had. And I wore a black uniform with no lettering at all. It seemed like an under water job. Since I always got paid with personal checks... I talked to most of The other security that was accompany'in other ceo's and it seemed that none had registerd training ecct.

You have to quit giving non-answers

No training just the one I had
    What does that mean?

I asked if the company was licensed. I assume from your "answer" you attended no DPS approved training.

You were committing a class A misdemeanor wearing your weapon with no DPS registration. You were also committing violation of 1702 of the Texas Occupations Code by not wearing an in-compliance uniform.

If taxes were not taken out of your pay you committed federal offenses. -Edit= If you failed to report that income you committed a federal offense.

You need to Google "Texas Private Security Bureau". You have to either hold a company license or be registered under a company to provide security to an individual or company. To go armed you must hold a level 3 commission from the Bureau. You must wear a distinctive uniform, have the name of the company prominately displayed on the uniform, have your name prominately displayed, and the handgun must be in plain view. The uniform must be approved by the Bureau.

To carry in plain clothes with the weapon concealed you must hold a level 4 PPO authorization. To obtain that you must, in addition to the traning, pass the Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory II administered by a licensed psychiatrist.

If you need direction with that we can help you.

Top Bottom