• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • medalguy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    New Mexico
    You read it right. Widener's has Wolf primers on sale for $15 to $16 per K depending on the size. That's the best price I've seen in 2 years, better stock up while they're available. I got mine. I have loaded over 30,000 rounds of Wolf primers last year and had no problems at all except for a batch of military surplus brass that didn't have the primer pocket swaged sufficiently, my fault.
    Gun Zone Deals

PopsXD9sc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Longview
    I've heard a lot of reloaders say to stay away from Wolf small pistol primers. Have you had any trouble with them not going bang. I've used the large pistol primers and had no problems and if the small primers are OK this would be one heck of a deal.

DubiousDan

Trump 2024
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    San Antonio
    I've used a few thousand Wolf Small Pistol without issue. I did have a problem with the Large Pistol in 45acp (mixed head stamp) in that I found them difficult to seat in some of the cases and some of them ended up fairly well flattened in the primer pocket but they all fired without problem. The other day I tried them again while loading some 45 Colt. I was using new, unfired Remington cases and I had no problems seating them.

I'd have to conclude that the issue I was having with the 45acp was caused by the cases. The next time I reload 45acp I'll take note of the head stamp of any cases that give me a problem.

skinman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2010
    Klein
    What is the total cost per K delivered with shipping and hazmat?

I have used Wolf LPP loading .45 acp and I find them harder to seat and not feeding smoothly. I haven't had any issues with them not firing though. I still have a few hundred left.

Kyreb

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2009
    Houston TX
    I loaded my first 5000 Wolf SP primers last summer. The loads have been tested in a variety of handguns....1911s, an XD and a variety of Glocks. So far, only an occasional failure to ignite in a Glock G34 with a competition trigger and striker spring. I am sure if we change that striker spring back to factory original that pistol will be GTG as well.

I ordered 5000 more from Wideners over the weekend. BTW....their Wolf 5.56 is currently $199/1000.

DubiousDan

Trump 2024
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    San Antonio
    What is the total cost per K delivered with shipping and hazmat?

Most places charge a $25 hazmat fee whether you buy 100 primers or 10,000 primers so the more you buy the lower the the fee per thousand ends up being. The thing to do is to either go in with a friend or get a group buy going so you can split the hazmat and shipping fees with someone else.

barhob

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2009
    new braunfels
    ''dubious'' is correct on 45 ACP.
    All brass marked S&B--- WCC that is not stamped 'match'--- most PMC--- will not take most primers when seated due to tight pockets.
    they are not worth mixing with most other brass. sort out and load separately and slowly.
    Wolf primers are fine. Like all batch primers, adjust your sights. the Wolf primers tends to send the bullet higher (out of my 1911's) on target, but still keeps the same group patterns as other primers.
    I just received my order of 33K in 5 days from Wideners. Order with your buds, divide out the shipping and hazmat fees per box. My order came to $17.59 per K. This also brings down my other prime cost when you average out what you have not shot.

scap99

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Cypress
    Now that's a great idea. I would never have thought to apply dollar cost averaging to primer purchases, I'm going to have to try that one out on the wife...

Top Bottom