• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Guns308

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2022
    Abilene
    Total nube to pistol red dot mounting here. I bought a couple of different red dots and have a pistol ordered. Is there a resource that yall know of that breaks all the different cuts and adapter plates down? What about plates that replace rear sights without molding the slides? I have many pistols that are not cut but might use those. I can list the specific models of guns and optics but would rather have a website or list that really broke it down for me to see all of the options.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    When I decided to mount an optic on my pistol I went with a Tijicon SRO & used the Trijicon plate. Figure the optic maker should have you covered.
    IMG_1365.jpeg

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!

You can see if the pistol maker offers them and the optic maker.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Total nube to pistol red dot mounting here. I bought a couple of different red dots and have a pistol ordered. Is there a resource that yall know of that breaks all the different cuts and adapter plates down? What about plates that replace rear sights without molding the slides? I have many pistols that are not cut but might use those. I can list the specific models of guns and optics but would rather have a website or list that really broke it down for me to see all of the options.

The most standard optic plate is for the Trijicon RMR. Many other sights fit it - like the Holosun 407C / 507C / 508T, and C&H's dot

The next most common is probably the Shield RMSc / Holosun 507K footprint - because Holosun's success with the 507K (literally the best micro pistol dot option for a long time) and now the EPS and EPS carry sights - which both use that footprint, even though the EPS is the same size as an RMR.

The Delta Point Pro footprint was the 2nd most common for a while - Sig seemed to go all-in on that pattern because, well, Sig is gonna Sig... the Delta Point sight itself was not a huge success, and Leupold even killed the version the sight was named after - the one with a literal delta for the reticle - but the footprint lives on for some ungodly reason.

The ACRO footprint is used by a few sights - mostly the ACRO / ACRO P2 and the Holosun 509T. Its a weird cut that uses a clamp versus just screwing down like the others. Could arguably be more secure, but the 509T can be loose depending on the plate.

The optic you ordered should tell you which footprint it is compatable with, and if you ordered an optic ready gun it will either come with plates, or you can order specific plates from the pistol maker, or from a company like C&H Precision, Calculated Kinetics, or even some of the no-name makers on Amazon. I've had C&H plates and Calculated Kinetics plates and they both worked fine, but be warned C&H has had some (more than a few) lemons, and their customer service can be spotty IF you have a problem.

What gun / sight combos did you order?

billtool

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    The Wooldlands
    The most standard optic plate is for the Trijicon RMR. Many other sights fit it - like the Holosun 407C / 507C / 508T, and C&H's dot

The next most common is probably the Shield RMSc / Holosun 507K footprint - because Holosun's success with the 507K (literally the best micro pistol dot option for a long time) and now the EPS and EPS carry sights - which both use that footprint, even though the EPS is the same size as an RMR.

The Delta Point Pro footprint was the 2nd most common for a while - Sig seemed to go all-in on that pattern because, well, Sig is gonna Sig... the Delta Point sight itself was not a huge success, and Leupold even killed the version the sight was named after - the one with a literal delta for the reticle - but the footprint lives on for some ungodly reason.

The ACRO footprint is used by a few sights - mostly the ACRO / ACRO P2 and the Holosun 509T. Its a weird cut that uses a clamp versus just screwing down like the others. Could arguably be more secure, but the 509T can be loose depending on the plate.

The optic you ordered should tell you which footprint it is compatable with, and if you ordered an optic ready gun it will either come with plates, or you can order specific plates from the pistol maker, or from a company like C&H Precision, Calculated Kinetics, or even some of the no-name makers on Amazon. I've had C&H plates and Calculated Kinetics plates and they both worked fine, but be warned C&H has had some (more than a few) lemons, and their customer service can be spotty IF you have a problem.

What gun / sight combos did you order?
    Isn’t the Burris Fastfire3 kind of a big deal? I bought one and put it on a P938. I did quite a bit of research bc and found it solid bang for the buck.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Isn’t the Burris Fastfire3 kind of a big deal? I bought one and put it on a P938. I did quite a bit of research bc and found it solid bang for the buck.

I've never seen anyone running a Burris sight in the wild. See them in cases at places like Academy, but never seen one on a gun in the wild. Seen Vortex, Sig, Leupold, Holosun and Trijicon stuff but never actually seen a Burris dot being run before.

To be fair - Burris has been selling dots and scopes for a long damn time, and their stuff is probably on par with the other Chinese made stuff out there but it doesn't get the same attention you get from the other five.

Guns308

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2022
    Abilene
    I have a Rost Martin RM1C being shipped now, says it comes with a RMR cut.
    Optics: Vortex Viper with a Docter footprint
    Swampfox Sentinel with a RMSc footprint.

Rost Martin makes 3 other plates. Shield RMS/SMS, Docter/Nobles, and Leopold Delta Point Pro plates.

Will Shield RMS/SMS fit the RMSc footprint?

The Vortex comes with a pic adapter also so I can mount it to my scope rail on my keltec p17 for now.

billtool

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    The Wooldlands
    I've never seen anyone running a Burris sight in the wild. See them in cases at places like Academy, but never seen one on a gun in the wild. Seen Vortex, Sig, Leupold, Holosun and Trijicon stuff but never actually seen a Burris dot being run before.

To be fair - Burris has been selling dots and scopes for a long damn time, and their stuff is probably on par with the other Chinese made stuff out there but it doesn't get the same attention you get from the other five.
    I think this one is made in the Philippines. I know the Fulfield scope line is as I just bought one. Will check and advise

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    I have a Rost Martin RM1C being shipped now, says it comes with a RMR cut.
    Optics: Vortex Viper with a Docter footprint
    Swampfox Sentinel with a RMSc footprint.

Rost Martin makes 3 other plates. Shield RMS/SMS, Docter/Nobles, and Leopold Delta Point Pro plates.

Will Shield RMS/SMS fit the RMSc footprint?

The Vortex comes with a pic adapter also so I can mount it to my scope rail on my keltec p17 for now.

I believe the RMS is a larger footprint than the RMSc - the RMSc is their cut for micro pistols, while the RMS is a larger sight intended for "duty" size pistols. You'll probably need an adapter.

Here's a handy link for you:

The Vortex Viper might be the most widely used sight that currently fits that footprint - and @billtool 's Fastfire also appears to use the same footprint.

You might need to check with C&H Precision to see if they have a plate or will be making plates for the Rost Martin to attach the less-widely used sights. C&H will probably have plates like that before anyone else.

A1Oni

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2021
    Tejas
    for a red dot the slide should always be milled for the dot you are going to use, good dots are the RMR, Holosun 507/407, and the aimpoint acro.

Guns308

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2022
    Abilene
    So I have learned that RMSc will fit on RMS/SMS cuts. The swampfox sentinel red dot with RMSc footprint does not extend to the rear pins of the plate. It only fits on the front 2 pins. Rost Martin shipped out 2 extra plates and 2 mags in under a week. So I have 500 in the gun with 3 plates and 4 mags now. Time to hit the range and see which sight I like better. The sentinel 3moa or vortex venom 6moa.

Top Bottom