• Shield Plus

Votes: 18 40.0%

• Total voters

Huntersammo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2024
    Stamford TX
    So we have a P365 we use and to be honest we really like to gun but the recoil is very "snappy". But if you using it conceal carry I don't think that will be a probably plus the Shield Plus will probably have the same "snappyness" because its so small too.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 8, 2020
    North of Dallas
    I have both and carried both. Out of the box, Shield Plus is easier to shoot, slightly bigger, a couple ounces heavier and has more aggressive grip texture. IMHO, the Shield Plus is right at the limit of too big for pocket carry. The manual safety, if you want one, is not ambidextrous and a bit unnatural to use. If you like weapon lights, the Shield Plus doesn't have any good options.

The regular P365 is smaller and can be pocket carried, but also more difficult to shoot due to a tiny grip. It can be configured with an ambidextrous thumb safety that's easier to manipulate than the Shield Plus'. If you like weapon lights, the P365 will accommodate the excellent Streamlight TLR-7Sub. It's FCU also gives you the option of reconfiguring to a Macro frame with 17-round capacity and 1913 accessory rail for about $70 (+$50 for magazine).

For CCW and home defense, stock out of the box, I'd pick the Shield Plus over P365. However, if not pocket carrying, I'd recommend also taking a hard look at the P365XL. It has all the benefits of the Shield Plus and P365 combined, if you don't plan on pocket carry.

Just wanted add, if you're ever North of Dallas, you're welcome to try my Shield Plus, P365XL, P365 XMacro, P365 XMacro Comp and P365 .380. I also have a couple Wilson Combat P365XL grips.

Last edited:

brashears9567

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 12, 2016
    P365 has the best grip I've ever held. I've not shot the shield, so nothing to add there. If someone made a p365 grip for AR platform, every one of mine would be wearing one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    Of the two, I liked the Shield Plus trigger better. It also fit my hand better, but there are lots of grip options for the P365.

In the end, I went with the Taurus GX4. I preferred its feature set, and I got a phenomenal deal at the time.

BeatTheTunaUp

Fux with the best, Die like the rest
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    Temple TX
    the p365 made me stop looking for a carry gun. It just flat works for me. Dead accurate, small enough to blend away, and I really like the trigger. It breaks when the trigger is at 90⁰ instead of all the back against the frame. I feel (especially with a smaller grip) it keeps the gun from twisting in your grip to fully depress the trigger which leads to better accuracy.

S&W has left me with a bad taste for their m&p line. Had and sold a shield because the trigger sucked even with an apex kit and the roll pins would walk out of the frame. I still have a m&p bg380 for deep pocket carry, but it also has roll pin issues.

innominate

Asian Cajun
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Austin
    I've never shot the shield. I bought the original 365. I have a Wilson XL grip module on it. That makes it basically a p365X. https://www.sigsauer.com/p365x.html

I find it easy to shoot and conceal. I don't find it snappy at all. I had 2 failures in the first 100 rounds. It did not return to battery. Runs like a top since then. If i want to pocket carry I can just swap back to the original 10rd grip module. Don't really do that anymore. I just throw the J frame in the pocket now. But the 365 does give you that option.

20230409_145608~2.jpg

Lonesome Dove

A man of vision but with no mission.
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 25, 2018
    Cut n Shoot, Texas
    the p365 made me stop looking for a carry gun. It just flat works for me. Dead accurate, small enough to blend away, and I really like the trigger. It breaks when the trigger is at 90⁰ instead of all the back against the frame. I feel (especially with a smaller grip) it keeps the gun from twisting in your grip to fully depress the trigger which leads to better accuracy.

S&W has left me with a bad taste for their m&p line. Had and sold a shield because the trigger sucked even with an apex kit and the roll pins would walk out of the frame. I still have a m&p bg380 for deep pocket carry, but it also has roll pin issues.
    A slight dimple to the ends of the pins cures pin crawl. If ya don't mind Itty bitty dimples. I dint say "nipples" ;)

Txdweeb

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2022
    Temple, Tx
    I’d go with the S&W, I have the 365 axg legion when it works it’s a phenomenal shooter but in 1800rds the extractor tip broke in half and the mag release decided to give out. Both have been fixed by me, wife has a 365x it’s been dead nuts reliable in 500rds but it’ll break.
    My shooting partners shield plus has 5kish on it now zero issues.

Top Bottom