• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    My father in law is in the market for a new owb holster. He says because he's a big guy that iwb is uncomfortable for him and would like a new owb. He does wear loose long shirts but the current owb he has sticks out too far for him. Not sure what brand he has currently.

Any suggestions for something thin?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    Lynx Defense

rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    Also, just to be clear, this will be under his shirt and concealed.

ThirdCoast2A

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 19, 2016
    I’ve been using Mitch Rosen 5JR express for P365 XMacro and before that P365XL. Really keeps it tight to my side and conceals pretty well.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    If he carries a Glock 9 / 40 / 357 Sig

If its something else, Galco FLETCH if he can get it in his guns model.

gamboolman

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2008
    Spring, Texas - Retired
    I have several of the Tucker Gun Leather and/or Tucker & Byrd HF-1 OWB Holsters for my G-26's, G-30's and 1911's.
    Do recommend
    https://tuckergunleather.com/hf1-belt-holster/
    https://www.tuckerandbyrd.com/proddetail.php?prod=sst-1
    e4rDOFql.png
    [/URL]

sst-nwc-M.jpg

IMG_4554__46725.jpg

rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    Right now he's pocket carrying the taurus 709 but looking for the holster for an FN9 due to the higher capacity.

He did look at galco but they're a bit pricey compared to some others. We also looked at a couple alien gears last night.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Right now he's pocket carrying the taurus 709 but looking for the holster for an FN9 due to the higher capacity.

He did look at galco but they're a bit pricey compared to some others. We also looked at a couple alien gears last night.

Some things shouldn't be skimped on - carry gear is one such thing. Not saying you gotta spend a stupid amount of cash for good stuff, but Galco is very much middle of the road when it comes to leather gear and their polymer stuff tends to be on the higher end of entry level vs many other makers.

A good holster is going to cost, at minimum, about $50, with most trending toward $100 easy enough.

Durability, quality, and design all have a minimum cost. The cheap stuff is cheap for a reason - its usually an ill-reproduced knock off of a higher quality piece of kit, or its slapped together with poor workmanship, materials, and design.

Some of the finer details - like certain angles, cuts, hardware choice are not readily apparent when looking at one holster over another, but those same fine details can mean the difference between comfortably and safely carrying and concealing, and having a gun that is unstable and bulges like a Taco Bell fart in latex pants.

Sometimes to save a few sheckles, its good to look at the secondary market. You said an FN9 - is he rocking an FN 509, FNS 9, FNP 9, or ? They are all similar - and might all fit in some leather holsters - but if he goes kydex, chances are it needs to be specific to the particular gun.

rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    Some things shouldn't be skimped on - carry gear is one such thing. Not saying you gotta spend a stupid amount of cash for good stuff, but Galco is very much middle of the road when it comes to leather gear and their polymer stuff tends to be on the higher end of entry level vs many other makers.

A good holster is going to cost, at minimum, about $50, with most trending toward $100 easy enough.

Durability, quality, and design all have a minimum cost. The cheap stuff is cheap for a reason - its usually an ill-reproduced knock off of a higher quality piece of kit, or its slapped together with poor workmanship, materials, and design.

Some of the finer details - like certain angles, cuts, hardware choice are not readily apparent when looking at one holster over another, but those same fine details can mean the difference between comfortably and safely carrying and concealing, and having a gun that is unstable and bulges like a Taco Bell fart in latex pants.

Sometimes to save a few sheckles, its good to look at the secondary market. You said an FN9 - is he rocking an FN 509, FNS 9, FNP 9, or ? They are all similar - and might all fit in some leather holsters - but if he goes kydex, chances are it needs to be specific to the particular gun.
    Sorry, It's an fns-9

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    +1 For Mitch Rosen.....been carrying in one for years.......it rides as close as any and worth every penny...

Top Bottom