Patriot Mobile

Outdated/Useless Gun stuff of Yesteryear..

sucker76

Don't let the username fool you
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Browning's BOSS. Supposed to improve accuracy by changing barrel vibration. It could do that, if you only use one load, but the change is very small.
I had good luck with the BOSS. I also use one load for that gun that works.
Its a solid concept that does work but the marketing hype made it out to be able to take a 5 MOA gun and turn it into a .25 MOA gun and that's not the case.
Gun Zone Deals

Sasquatch

30 Super Carry Post Whore 2K Champ
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Glock lights. They were so terrible in the early 2000’s compared to lights now.

I bought a special edition Glock 19 once, had some laser engraving on the slide, and it came with a Glock light and extra mag. $600 back when a regular gen 3 retailed at $450 new almost everywhere, and used guns could be had for $300 regularly. I think that light put out a whopping 30 lumens.

When I look at what the old school "tactical" guys who were clamping Sure Fire 30, 40, or 60 lumen lights onto their 1911's or 4506's, and now I see "tactical" trainers shitting on lights like the TLR7A because its *only* 500 lumens / 5000 candela and its "not duty worthy" I just have to laugh. 10 years ago those same guys were jizzing over a 300 lumen 6000 candela TLR1 or an X200

Just because you *can* have the sun mounted to your gun, doesn't mean you *need* it, and it doesn't mean that the 500 lumen light isn't up to the task of what most pistol lights are used for - which is indoors clearing buildings, or illuminating a subject at talking distance. You can use your sun-in-the-pocket hand held light for target ID at anything beyond 10 yards anyway.

That said - you'll pry my X300 out of my cold dead hands. It's gotten me to switch teams from Streamlight for actual duty-gun lights, but I'd still rock the TLR7 on a concealed carry gun.

Every Day Man
Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gearhead_Gunsmith