DK Firearms

"Out of the box, perfection 45"...or not (and then....the excuses)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Whisky

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    why in the world would someone make a (failed demo) video and then make it available for folks to see ?

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    The TRP and MC Operator are two of the nicer production 1911's out there. They're not impervious to the usual 1911 issues, and ever so often you'll get one that maybe doesn't have a perfectly tensioned extractor or some other issue, but they are still a very well-made 1911 for a production gun that isn't a full custom build.

I don't know what it is but, something about that 1911 doesn't look right. I definitely have never seen those sights on a stock TRP or MC Operator. Something just looks off and makes me question whether that gun is a legit factory "stock" gun.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    The TRP and MC Operator are two of the nicer production 1911's out there. They're not impervious to the usual 1911 issues, and ever so often you'll get one that maybe doesn't have a perfectly tensioned extractor or some other issue, but they are still a very well-made 1911 for a production gun that isn't a full custom build.

I don't know what it is but, something about that 1911 doesn't look right. I definitely have never seen those sights on a stock TRP or MC Operator. Something just looks off and makes me question whether that gun is a legit factory "stock" gun.

In the YT comments someone mentioned to him that it doesnt look like a TRP.

Andy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2013
    Dallas, TX
    TRPs / MC Operators don't come with that trigger - so someone's been messing with that pistol. And yeah, the waffling was irritating.

Last edited:

XinTX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 29, 2010
    South of Houston
    Welcome to the world of shooting suppressed and a clinic on why the 1911 isn't the greatest NFA host around.

Well, this guy thinks they work okay.
    Hitman_Film.jpg

Texasslinger

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2012
    houston
    Has two failures with one mag. Blames it on being dirty. Clean your gun before posting video. Nice silencer though.

Sent from HAM radio

OLDVET

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Richardson, Texas
    John Moses Browning designed the 1911 handgun more than 100 years ago. It has basically stayed unchanged during that entire time span. Granted many upgrades have happened to the gun, but the basic idea has served our country well, both in war and peace. Now you take a fellow like the guy above that adds enough "Junk" to his 1911 to double the original weight. As mentioned above, he has probably switched out the original "guts" too. Just because something can be done, doesn't mean it is a good idea.

I have several Springfield 1911s. My favorite is a "Loaded Model" I bought maybe 10 years ago. I used to keep track of round fired in all of my 1911s. I quit counting the rounds in this 'Loaded" when the number reached 30,000. That number represents factory loads as well as the rounds I reload. I also own Colt 1911s. The SA "Loaded" is just about the prefect 1911. It is reasonably priced and it performs as well as my Les Baer Premier II that cost almost three times as much.

I have owned some cheap 1911s and they have had issues. One is my STI Spartan. Crudely made firearm. Some guy wanted $300 for it, so I took a chance. After the first 100 break-in rounds, my "Loaded" has not had one failure to feed.

In my humble opinion, I think the guy that posted that video had more money than sense. Being an Army trained Armorer, I would never consider putting the "junk" on a 1911 that he did.

Last edited by a moderator:

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Seeing as the 1911 is a pretty weak and unreliable platform to start with, I'm not surprised that minor changes caused it to malfunction.

He shoulda got a good modern polymer gun.

Top Bottom