• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • outdare

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 24, 2009
    Cumby
    Depends on what you want to use it for. You have to remember the FFL fees so plus 15 to 30 bucks for the transfer. There are a bunch of reviews of the Remington 770. Here is just one. I have been considering a 308 bolt as well. So I have looked at these as well as others.

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    the Model 770 is the
    quickest route to legendary status, and a full freezer.

i smell a red flag.

dobarker

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 26, 2010
    Sonora
    I fully agree with Sig on this one. Just my opinion, i've never been fond of the 770's or 710's, granted they do fit a niche, to me they just don't feel like they live up to the Remington name. I would lean more towards the Marlin that Sig posted, i've handled and shot a few of the marlin XL7's and XS7's and was very pleased with them. They combine a lot of really good key features from several other name brand bolt rifle manufacturers.

The_Hunter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Now Dallas
    Go down to Academy and check out the 770 in .270 and let us know what you think.

my .02 the action is clunky for lack of a better word, the trigger is no where near what I would expect from a Remington, and the over all feel is very cheap.

jake75

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2009
    Hurst, TX
    I had one of those rifles with the plastic OD green stock. The stock is light causing more recoil than usual. The gun just feels cheap. The one I got had a cheap chinese made scope on it. I had it in .270 and didn't like it. I guess it's ok for the price but I'd just spend the money on a better made rifle.

Top Bottom