Target Sports

Open Handgun Carry in Texas? If not, WHY not?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MPA1988

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Like I said renegade, strap on the AR15 and walk down Main St in Houston and see what happens. Just you. Not a group granted a permit. Just you walking down the street.....lol
    Lynx Defense

Last edited:

MPA1988

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Renegade, you appear to be the "in your face" enthusiast which is giving the OC activists a bad name. I support OC just for CHL. I said that in an earlier post. However I would not OC but in my vehicle.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Like I said renegade, strap on the AR15 and walk down Main St in Houston and see what happens. Just you. Not a group granted a permit. Just you walking down the street.....lol

Group granted a permit? LOL.

There is no such thing as an Open Carry permit. Your ignorance as to how Texas works is clearly getting exposed.

Whiskey_Rocka_Rolla

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    Houston
    Wow, I haven't been in this forum in a while but I see a few "butters" have joined since I last left. Those who support the right to bear arms, but....(insert government mandated condition here).

dsukid

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2013
    Amarillo
    Interesting little anecdotal tidbit.
    Mississippi recently clarified their law and stated OC is legal without a permit. Businesses been putting up no guns allowed signs in droves since this went into effect. This has effectively barred even their CHL holders from entering these businesses while armed. I work with a lot of guys from Mississippi and while they are not pissed off about it, it is an interesting unintended consequence.

Better to know whom the enemy is... and definitely not give him your dollar.

Iamntxhunter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2014
    This thread only proves one thing. There are some who believe in the constitution as written and some who believe it in a semi qausi kind of way.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    Incorrect statements? Ha! I explained my position clearly. Your post contributed nothing of substance as a response to my position. Try again.

And this post does?

Renegade, try slinging a rifle over your shoulder and walk down main st. and see what happens to you.

I'm not Renegade, and this is Alamo St., but this is the best i could do for you:

rifle1.jpg

rifle2.jpg

rifle3.jpg

Quite the opposite of what you claim would happen happened. Many police were present including the Chief. They did jack shit.

"Try again."

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    I'm tempted to put Fudd1988 on my block list for his arrogance and ignorance... but this is too amusing. Kurt Saxon once made an analogy of a flea floating down a river on its back with a hard on shouting, "Raise the bridge!...."

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone

If you are talking about a permit to rally in front of the Alamo:

A.) The rally was later moved to Travis park, where there was no permit granted and carrying all firearms is illegal. The police did jack shit.
    B.) Since the mall did not allow anyone inside with a gun, close parking was shut off. Many people had to carry their guns for several blocks, or in my case, about a mile. No, we didn't have a permit for that, either. The police did jack shit.

"Try again."

MPA1988

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Again, open carry your firearm and see what happens....lol What's all the fuss about if you think the.police will do nothing if you open carry.

Go ahead and open carry then. Someone once said the difference between genius and stupidity is genius has limits.

Odiferous

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Evans, Georgia
    If you are talking about a permit to rally in front of the Alamo:

A.) The rally was later moved to Travis park, where there was no permit granted and carrying all firearms is illegal. The police did jack shit.
    B.) Since the mall did not allow anyone inside with a gun, close parking was shut off. Many people had to carry their guns for several blocks, or in my case, about a mile. No, we didn't have a permit for that, either. The police did jack shit.
    "Try again."

The police did nothing because no laws were even remotely being broken. Furthermore, "attendees" were polite, civil, and respectful. The headline on the news should have read along the lines of "Texas citizens exercising their rights and obeying the law."

hellishhorses

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 15, 2013
    Eddy
    The police did nothing because no laws were even remotely being broken. Furthermore, "attendees" were polite, civil, and respectful. The headline on the news should have read along the lines of "Texas citizens exercising their rights and obeying the law."
    That can't be true — MPA1988 assures me you'll be harrassed.

He's a cop from Kalifornia, he should know.

MPA1988

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    I'm tempted to put Fudd1988 on my block list for his arrogance and ignorance... but this is too amusing. Kurt Saxon once made an analogy of a flea floating down a river on its back with a hard on shouting, "Raise the bridge!...."

Because I voice an opinion different than yours? Shoot the messenger because you don't like the message. Gotcha. Bye.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    Again, open carry your firearm and see what happens....lol What's all the fuss about if you think the.police will do nothing if you open carry.

We have, and have provided proof. You refuse to believe facts directly in front of your face.

Someone once said the difference between genius and stupidity is genius has limits.

Amen. You're pretty good at parroting other people's wit and brilliance. It's the next best thing to actual wit and brilliance.

I think we're being infiltrated by one of those NSA trolls we talked about in another thread. :p

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    And here's a favorite witty quote of mine, directed not at FUDD1988, but at my fellow freedom lovers: "The only thing you get from educating a fool is a fool educated."

Forget this troll, guys. Please do not feed the monkeys!

Top Bottom