Patriot Mobile

Only POW, sitll alive, and still in enemy hands...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JohnnyLoco

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2009
    Texas
    Obama is throwing a bone to the neocons. This is to get the Fox News, false patriotic crowd in an uproar and to change the discussion from the VA, Snowden, the Police State, and the rest. You know Obama, like the Clintons work hand in hand with the GOP establishment, right?
    ARJ Defense ad

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Obama is throwing a bone to the neocons. This is to get the Fox News, false patriotic crowd in an uproar and to change the discussion from the VA, Snowden, the Police State, and the rest. You know Obama, like the Clintons work hand in hand with the GOP establishment, right?

This was definitely to purge the news cycle. Pivot spin pivot spin.

JohnnyLoco

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2009
    Texas
    You couldn't write up a script any better. VA, entrenched in scandal, horrors exposed........What? Terrorists? He let them go! See, he is a Muslim who hates America....and for some damn unpatriotic deserter.

Iamntxhunter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2014
    I am with Ted Cruz on this. I don't know all of the details surrounding his personal position on serving and or possibly going awol but regardless it is not going to serve us well.

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    The more I learn, the worse it seems. I'll reserve some judgment, but most stuff I've read leads me to think he's a traitor.

sonuvaTXgun

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Borger, TX
    The more I learn, the worse it seems. I'll reserve some judgment, but most stuff I've read leads me to think he's a traitor.

If someone is a deserter for any reason other than "I received an order that required me to operate beyond my moral boundaries," I would call them a traitor. Seems like a scumbag to me and "O" made his usual mistake by negotiating with terrorists. This whole thing is so messed up.

-PAK-

Odiferous

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Evans, Georgia
    I read about these guys this morning. They weren't low ranking foot soldiers. They won't be just joining the fight they will be leading it.

Fair point, but those guys didn't get their leadership positions through an affirmative action program. They earned their stripes the Jihadist way.

If they were simply knuckle draggers it wouldn't be as bad.

JohnnyLoco

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2009
    Texas
    If someone is a deserter for any reason other than "I received an order that required me to operate beyond my moral boundaries," I would call them a traitor. Seems like a scumbag to me and "O" made his usual mistake by negotiating with terrorists. This whole thing is so messed up.

-PAK-

That's what it seems like, and if this is all there is to the story, then yeah Obama needs to be impeached.

I just don't buy any part of the story. There's something else going on and it may just be to change the story from the VA.

Obama is pretty much a dictator. They can't impeach him, not with the GOP establishment there.

Skip

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    NW San Antonio
    All this, and former Marine Andrew Tahmooressi still sits in a Mexican jail.

"Character is doing the right thing even when no one is watching"

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    All this, and former Marine Andrew Tahmooressi still sits in a Mexican jail.

"Character is doing the right thing even when no one is watching"
    No kidding. His whole situation was and is horrible. To me, it seems common sense is being trumped by law.

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    This has been investigated for almost 5 years......The Army knows the truth and this Administration knows......

Does anyone really think they are just now going to investigate if he deserted or not?

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    This has been investigated for almost 5 years......The Army knows the truth and this Administration knows......

Does anyone really think they are just now going to investigate if he deserted or not?

They are still dragging their feet.

Silence on Bowe Bergdahl, months after Army investigation concludes - The Washington Post

Six months after the military began an investigation into the disappearance of Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl and his capture by the Taliban, which held him for five years, the results remain under wraps as senior Army officials determine what to do next....................................................

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    From reading this: OAF Exclusive: The Truth About Bowe Bergdahl ? #OAF
    I think the Obummer crowd is going to have to rethink this guys hero status...

Looks like Sgt Bergdhal is a deserter and traitor to his country…But will get to keep his $300,000+ in back pay, not be CM’d and just receive a General Discharge which has little impact. This is just another blow to our military. There is no way our military can continue as a social and sexual experiment and traitors be honored at the WH...

Discharge Requirements for Compensation Benefits
    To receive VA compensation benefits and services, the Veteran’s character of discharge or service must be under other than dishonorable conditions (e.g., honorable, under honorable conditions, general).

Discharge Requirements for Pension Benefits
    To receive VA pension benefits and services, the Veteran’s character of discharge or service must be under other than dishonorable conditions (e.g., honorable, under honorable conditions, general).

Discharge Requirements for Education Benefits
    To receive VA education benefits and services, the Veteran’s character of discharge or service must be honorable.

Discharge Requirements for Home Loan Benefits
    To receive VA home loan benefits and services, the Veteran’s character of discharge or service must be under other than dishonorable conditions (e.g., honorable, under honorable conditions, general).

Discharge Requirements for Insurance Benefits
    Generally, there is no character of discharge bar to benefits to Veterans’ Group Life Insurance. However, for Service Disabled Veterans Insurance and Veterans’ Mortgage Life Insurance benefits, the Veteran’s character of discharge must be other than dishonorable.

Applying for Benefits and Your Character of Discharge - Veterans Benefits Administration

Top Bottom