• Status
    Please reply by conversation.

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    Recently I acquired several used scooters of different engine/body styles - legally ! I co-own a shop in S Austin and we are clearing our lot of abandoned vehicles. Many of these had repair bills ranging from 200-300 dollars and started accruing storage fees over a year ago. I have contacted the owners to inform them of their future sale. Many of these bikes were internet purchases in which the original buyers never filed for titling in Texas. We are well within our right to file mechanics leins but many of them aren't worth more than a few hundred bucks. Rather than go through that costly process, I have bought them from our inventory and can legally sell them as an individual and furnish a bill of sale but no title. Hence the term "off-road" scooters. I will list pictures tonight and we do have a few with clear Texas titles but others I am selling outside of the shop after resurrecting them from the dead. Every one of them has had oil/transmission fluid changes, carb and fuel tank cleanings and some have had drive belts/clutches replaced and/or valve adjustments and electrical repairs. I have one 150cc bike, and 3 50cc bikes ready for sale now with at least 1 more 150 to be built(engine cylinder) and listed soon. I will post pictures tonight and I am happy to answer any questions about them. Several have also been outfitted with a more off-road appropriate rear tire. You would be amazed how nimble these are out in the country. I have 2 out at a buddys place and they can go everywhere the four-wheeler can and are much more fun to drive around. Ideally I would like to trade these for gun stuff including 10/22s, ammo,etc. A little gun will go a long way toward trade-in on these. Pictures will be taken and the bikes listed tonight, I am also happy to show you them in person and talk details. PM me or post questions here if interested. I know I can get real money for these on craigslist but I would rather give them a good home out on the range.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I thought you were required to provide a title for them in TX... So how would one get them titled? I'm guessing they come with a manufacturers certificate?

RandomHero

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2011
    Northwest San Antonio
    I thought you were required to provide a title for them in TX... So how would one get them titled? I'm guessing they come with a manufacturers certificate?

mechanics lein will allow them to be titled. If i read right he is doing that now.

Im interested, but money is tight. Post up some prices and pics and maybe we can start up a dialogue.

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    I have titles for half of them, the others are not worth me getting a mechanics lein or bonded title for. That process is costly but anyone can get one with just a bill of sale(bonded title). It typically costs over $200 dollars and then you pay taxes on the states "asessed value" of it which is always absurdly high. To break it down, I wanna put some people on some running, fully functional vehicles to use in a ranch or farm setting. If you want a Texas titled vehicle(I do have a couple), it will cost more but will be street legal when we register and inspect it. I currently have a clear title for a 50 and a pink 150. These would be fully processed through Urban Moto(my shop) and would require taxes paid but YOU will receive a Texas title in your name for it. The others were never titled or registered in Texas and were literally given to me by customers. One or two have even had signals removed or broken off.

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    Here is a picture of 3 of them. The middle one is a 150, the other 2 are 50cc 4 strokes. The 50 w/gray grips has a clear texas title and is a customer trade in that has had the carb cleaned, fluids changed, and a new clutch,drive belt and roller set installed. The others can be titled through a bond but like I said, it would damn near double what I would take for them now. Open to all kinds of trade offers.

RandomHero

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2011
    Northwest San Antonio
    Whats the price point on the untitled ones?

Btw: if you use an external host (photobucket, imgur, etc) and use the

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    I have a red one like those other 2, untitled but similar condition(running, mostly/fully functional) I might let go for as low as 225. Need to finish it up soon and make sure it's driveable. I will PM you with more info on the others shortly.

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    I am not familiar with a GY5 but I do have several GY6 based(150cc 4T) engines and parts bikes at the shop. IF you are in the austin area and want to check them out, you can call the shop at 512-535-6144 and ask for John. Or PM me and I'll send out details. I am working on getting more pcs out to everyone who has asked but my camera batteries took a crap last saturday. I'll get some fresh pics and send them out tonight. Thanks ya'll - Texmex
    *** Hey hi-cap. I will get these out tonight hopefully by 9pm. I will send pics and prices and he can email me or pm me here. I have a total of 2 50ccs available and 1 150 right now all in good running condition. Only 1 50cc has a clear title, the others I am selling as "off-road" only but could be titled with a bond. I will get several angles and details and we can go from there. Your inbox is full so I decided to post a response here.

Rangerscott

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2010
    Lubbock
    Damn. Would love a 150cc engine but need the nonscooter drive train type. You know the old honda single piston 3/4 speed ones with chain drive. I have a honda CL70 just dieing to ger on the road.

CL70complete2Large.jpg

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    Rangerscott, I can get whole engines in a similar configuration for under $400 NIB. We use martinracinddealer or mrp-speed.com. They sell united motors engines in 150 or 200cc displacements. Only problem, I think they are all configured for a vertical application not the horizontal style. If you can make one of them work,they actually include almost all necessarry hardware(shifter,electrical,etc).

TheDan

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I am not familiar with a GY5 but I do have several GY6 based(150cc 4T) engines and parts bikes at the shop.
    The GY-5 is a 200cc dual sport (pic below). Pretty sure they are sold under several "brands", but they are a Lifan bike. I've been wanting to check them out, but I don't think anyone in the Austin area stocks them. Was hoping you'd know about it since you deal with the China scoots...

American_Lifan-LF200GY-5-2006.jpg

Rangerscott

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2010
    Lubbock
    Rangerscott, I can get whole engines in a similar configuration for under $400 NIB. We use martinracinddealer or mrp-speed.com. They sell united motors engines in 150 or 200cc displacements. Only problem, I think they are all configured for a vertical application not the horizontal style. If you can make one of them work,they actually include almost all necessarry hardware(shifter,electrical,etc).

Nah. Its gotta be horizontal. I can get new anywhere. Just looking for a cheap deal.

HondaCL70taketwo17Large.jpg

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    @Dan, we used to sell a similar 200 but it totally sucked. The thing rattled parts off and handled dirt worse than an automatic scooter. We stopped selling new chinese bikes about 2 years ago. Rangerscott, If I come across one, I'll let you know, I understand the cheap thing. Emails and pics to be sent oput tonight for those who asked, thanks guys.

TheDan

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Ha! That's good to know... I remember they used to cost about $800, but it seems like now everyone want $2k for them. I'm thinking it'd be better to just buy a used Japanese one.

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    The latest pic of the fleet. Trying out the argo(far right) this sunday in the country. Also have a new knobby tire in the correct size for the smaller 50s. I'll post that picture soon. The 4 wheeler in the back is also available. PM me for multiple pictures and details.

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    One last updated picture of the ones at my place in Leander. I decided to put the knobby tires on the 2 red 50s. One has a 3.50" rear, the other a 3.00". I also have to run tubes on this setup and that added a bit to my investment. Of the ones shown here, none have titles. The smaller ones have had signals removed. The large one is missing the underseat storage bucket. They are by no means show stoppers but they do run reliably and would be perfect for the whole family to enjoy at the campsite, lease or ranch. I'm giving it a few more days before I liquidate them on craigslist. Now asking 275(smallest one), 325(red w/out fender),375(BK 150). Open to trade offers as well. I could use a good mitre saw, welder(gas mig), generator(small, gently used), or ??? PM me for more pictures or vehicle specific details.

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom