• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    They didn't follow corporate policy. Freaked out or not doesn't matter. I feel "uncomfortable" a lot at work leaving my gun outside in the truck. I do it because bringing it in would violate corporate policy and I would get fired.

When you work for a corporation it doesn't matter how you feel. You follow the rules or you get fired.

ETA: not knowing corporate policy is ignorance of it - by definition
    Guns International

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    Alternatively someone walking with a gun freaked them out and they acted as appropriately as possible, denying that person entrance.

Yep ... that too.
    Does seem that good sense and judgement would dictate denying entrance to start with would be better than freaking out after the fact. :)
    I get your point.
    One thing is certain, there is a definite disconnect between corporate, and the boots on the ground ...

zincwarrior

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Texas, land of Tex-Mex
    They didn't follow corporate policy. Freaked out or not doesn't matter. I feel "uncomfortable" a lot at work leaving my gun outside in the truck. I do it because bringing it in would violate corporate policy and I would get fired.

When you work for a corporation it doesn't matter how you feel. You follow the rules or you get fired.

Unless we don't know what corporate policy actually is. What someone is telling you is completed unrelated to the real policy. It may be accurate, or completely not. It may be that their corporate policy is really just to pr agreement with anything, and continue to do what they want, or give leeway to their store managers.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    After 16+ years at walmart, I can tell you for a fact that a large number of managers have no clue as to what corp policy actually says. And alarge number of them lack the reading comprehension to read that sign and tell you what it means. Even with instructions it frequently takes 2-3 of them to figure something out. And they are still wrong half the time.

from an idgit coffeeholic

zincwarrior

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Texas, land of Tex-Mex
    After 16+ years at walmart, I can tell you for a fact that a large number of managers have no clue as to what corp policy actually says. And alarge number of them lack the reading comprehension to read that sign and tell you what it means. Even with instructions it frequently takes 2-3 of them to figure something out. And they are still wrong half the time.

Don't forget that "corporate policy" may be what ever ops management says at any given time, and is subject to frequent change. When I worked at Sams no one had a clue as things were always changing up top-except of course spend any money and you're in trouble.

bones_708

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2013

Corporate policy allows managers to ask people to leave or disarm.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Then it holds as much weight as the post saying it is NOT company policy.

Just more hearsay and we still don't know exactly where WM corporate policy stands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    We have 3 sides to this situation.

We have the Texas law, Walmart Corp Policy, and the floor / store managers feelings /assesment

None of these three things seem to know or care about the other 2

Then we end up with a CF

bones_708

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2013
    Re-posting London's post
    Thank you for your message.

Dear Customer,

There is no policy against customers carrying their handgun in our stores as long as he/she is legally permitted by their state to carry the handgun.

As a private property owner, Walmart has the authority to ask customers to remove their handgun or leave the store on a case-by-case basis if customers or Walmart associates express concerns about the handgun.

For more information or further assistance, please contact your local stores management for assistance.

Sincerely,
    Walmart Customer Care

Shop Walmart Holiday Deals

So to me that obviously means that while they don't have a corporate policy against legal firearm carry they allow judgment calls by the individual stores. Makes sense to me because there are situations where I can see an issue.

karlac

TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    Re-posting London's post
    So to me that obviously means that while they don't have a corporate policy against legal firearm carry they allow judgment calls by the individual stores. Makes sense to me because there are situations where I can see an issue.

I have to agree with that.
    And admit to missing the "associate expressing concerns".
    Thanks for the correction.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    What the store managers in my store have told me is, unless the person carrying is posing a danger, leave them alone. Simply because someone doesn't like it is not not enough to ask them to leave.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Hopefully, I will have an answer in the next couple days. A co-manager said she will help me pull it up. Hopefully print it out.

gwjohns

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Fort Worth Texas
    What the store managers in my store have told me is, unless the person carrying is posing a danger, leave them alone. Simply because someone doesn't like it is not not enough to ask them to leave.

I've told the associates in my store the exact same thing. Someone actually called me and said there was a guy with a gun on his hip, I point blank said "ok and? It's legal now"

winchster

Right Wing Extremist
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Justin, TX
    Didn't even take it into account.
    It is as irrelevant to the statement you quoted, as it is to the situation under discussion in the video.
    I quoted you so you'd know who I was speaking to. The message is relevant to your knowledge since you implied there were issues related to the signage as shown in the following quote.

~ Posting ambiguous signage which is not legal signage that accurately reflects corporate policy shows a lack of good judgement.

All show the failure of the corporation to both provide, and expect behavior from their employees, from HQ on down, that shows good sense and judgment.

Behavior that shows a lack of good sense or judgment IS the definition of "stupidity" ... corporate or otherwise.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

karlac

TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    I quoted you so you'd know who I was speaking to. The message is relevant to your knowledge since you implied there were issues related to the signage as shown in the following quote

You're still missing the point, and your quote above is not the context in which the remark about gun buster signs was made.
    that's OK, I'll take the blame for your total misunderstanding ... you win.
    Peace ...

Top Bottom