• ...and so much more!
  • vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    I swear it almost happend to me just about an hour ago in Abilene
    I thought all you guys saying it happend to you were just isolated but I just walked into walmart with my Glock on my hip and said hi to the elderly door greeter, he locked eyes on my gun and with one fluid highly trained motion he grabbed his walkie and started talking in high tech walmart lingo I can only describe as Navajo Code Talker.

I went on my way down the isle and made it about 40 feet into the store, my son said to look behind me that he was following us.
    I stopped and turned around and the old dude hit the brakes and did a 180 back towards the front

over the next few minutes as I wasl looking at food procesors and such, I had three walmart employees walk by me, looking, but oddly not one of them said anything. I know this is strange because I usually can spend an hour in the store and not see one

they must have been called off by someone....wierd but funny

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    I went to Walmart, walgreens, and a Dr's appointment today while open carrying. No problems so far. The Dr and I even talked guns and he told me about his collection. Good times.

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    A little late, but here is the response I got dated Mar. 8:

Thank you for your message.

Dear Customer,

There is no policy against customers carrying their handgun in our stores as long as he/she is legally permitted by their state to carry the handgun.

As a private property owner, Walmart has the authority to ask customers to remove their handgun or leave the store on a case-by-case basis if customers or Walmart associates express concerns about the handgun.

For more information or further assistance, please contact your local stores management for assistance.

Sincerely,
    Walmart Customer Care

Shop Walmart Holiday Deals

Walmart is still checking LTCs as I found out yesterday (actually got kicked out of the store over it despite the fact I showed my LTC). This is despite the fact TABC's website says:

[h=2]TABC Clarifies License to Carry a Handgun (LTC) Verification Requirements for Businesses[/h]Regarding the obligation of a TABC license or permit holder to verify the License to Carry a handgun (LTC) of a person in possession of a handgun on a TABC-licensed premise:

• The Open Carry law did not change the Alcoholic Beverage Code regarding verification of handgun licenses.

• There is nothing in the Alcoholic Beverage Code specifically requiring TABC license/permit holders to ask a person to present his/her License to Carry a handgun (LTC), nor do we encourage them to do so.

Last edited:

99taws6

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2015
    I go to 3 local walmarts and went to 2 different ones in Austin and never had anyone give me and my OC a second glance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    Again I don't understand the focus on Walmart. I prefer shopping places that at least have the veneer of selling American manufactured products.

They're my replacement for HEB. I'm not sure where London is or what he's doing, but I've never, ever been stopped or questioned in WalMart, including at least weekly trips at all hours.

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    Again I don't understand the focus on Walmart. I prefer shopping places that at least have the veneer of selling American manufactured products.

I agree.
    In many small towns Wal-Mart is akin to a cultural center, where a daily trip is almost mandatory.
    Especially in areas populated by bored, retired folks.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    They're my replacement for HEB. I'm not sure where London is or what he's doing, but I've never, ever been stopped or questioned in WalMart, including at least weekly trips at all hours.

LOL. I swear I was just looking at some bluetooth speakers in the electronics aisle when TSHTF!

I can elaborate further with video if anyone cares, although I don't think it's terribly interesting. I'm in the process of uploading the whole thing to Youtube so Walmart corporate can see for themselves how badly the employees got absolutely everything wrong.

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    I'm resisting the knee-jerk "oh, you're one on those guys" remark about videoed confrontations... but would like to at least see the video to be fair to you.

Always the same store/people? Just seems odd...

Maybe they know you know and are just trying to provoke or harass you?

zincwarrior

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Texas, land of Tex-Mex
    LOL. I swear I was just looking at some bluetooth speakers in the electronics aisle when TSHTF!

I can elaborate further with video if anyone cares, although I don't think it's terribly interesting. I'm in the process of uploading the whole thing to Youtube so Walmart corporate can see for themselves how badly the employees got absolutely everything wrong.

To those of us who don't have youtube here, you're just a tease.

Did it involve a getaway van driven by a monkey?

99taws6

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2015
    I'm resisting the knee-jerk "oh, you're one on those guys" remark about videoed confrontations... but would like to at least see the video to be fair to you.

You said what I was thinking. Let's see the video.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone

I pulled the camera out only after I showed my LTC, saw the manager walk to the back of the store, and over heard him say the following phrases into his radio: “Carrying a gun,” “Send the officer at the front,” “Call SAPD,” and “Uncooperative.”

At this point I strongly felt the camera was going to be necessary for my legal protection, which turned out to be the case. I'm not sure why the manager said ANY of that stuff into the radio as I was being completely cooperative. My guess is he was pissed at me for correcting him several times in front of an employee and felt either the need for retribution or simply chocked me up as a nuisance who needed to leave.

Anyway, the video will back me up that although I was being firm I was not misbehaving in any way. Of course since it started recording a few minutes into the conversation I fully expect to hear the usual, "We have no way of knowing what antics he was up to before the camera came on" yadda yadda yadda...

I go to various Walmarts about three times a week. This particular one gets visited about once or twice a week. I've been there probably at least a dozen times OCing without incident. Again, I have no idea why this suddenly became an issue for them. Never been an issue before there or anywhere else.

I don't think I've ever seen any of them in my life until yesterday.

BTW- Glad to see you on board with the whole boycott HEB thing. Between their 30.07 signs and their Pre-K for SA donations I stopped giving them my money. If Walmart is gonna start flipping out over OC though I might as well go back and enjoy HEBs lower prices and better selection. San Antonio doesn't have a Kroger, unfortunately! (The one in Galveston is pretty badass, BTW!)

Last edited:

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    Well, here's what got recorded:

Those of you who are seeing the video sideways will have to wait until Youtube finishes altering the display. Please read the video description located directly under the video before asking any questions, as I've already spent too much time on this whole thing and don't want to answer questions that have already been covered. It most likely explains everything, including the backstory. Thanks.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Was that SAPD or a Security Officer at the door as you were leaving.

And you should have asked the rather large neckbeardy type that was walking you out where the .22 ammo was.

Top Bottom