Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I would appreciate a list of 27 GOOD candidates
    If you vote for 27 good candidates, you've wasted your votes.

Find one good candidate and vote for him/her. That way, that person gets all 27 of your votes. This is called "bullet voting" and it's the only effective way to participate. I wrote a brief explanation here but if you do some searching you'll find that plenty of people have published think pieces about bullet voting.

Your criteria is the same as mine, namely:
    who will "shake up" the current "Fuddish" BoD
    To accomplish that, I think the best for the job is Adam Kraut.

You can read about his platform in his words and about him, in general, and decide for yourself. The best endorsement of him is the fact that Marion Hammer actually wrote an editorial calling him "the enemy within", an editorial that erroneously recounts the history of the NRA over the last few decades with a gobsmackingly pernicious bias. Mr. Kraut responded, so you should read both articles or neither; they do not successfully stand alone. (To put some of this in context, valuable corrections to Ms. Hammer's hit piece can be found in this much more accurate article.)
    Guns International

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    Hoji and Sharkey,

I like you both.

I wish you two could work together.

All of us are Pro-Gun guys........being unkind (well, unless I do it of course) isn't in our best interest......

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge

Find one good candidate and vote for him/her. That way, that person gets all 27 of your votes. This is called "bullet voting" and it's the only effective way to participate. I wrote a brief explanation here but if you do some searching you'll find that plenty of people have published think pieces about bullet voting.

Your criteria is the same as mine, namely:To accomplish that, I think the best for the job is Adam Kraut.

You can read about his platform in his words and about him, in general, and decide for yourself. The best endorsement of him is the fact that Marion Hammer actually wrote an editorial calling him "the enemy within", an editorial that erroneously recounts the history of the NRA over the last few decades with a gobsmackingly pernicious bias. Mr. Kraut responded, so you should read both articles or neither; they do not successfully stand alone. (To put some of this in context, valuable corrections to Ms. Hammer's hit piece can be found in this much more accurate article.)
    Wish I could like this twice.

Jeff Knox’s article ( last link in Ben’s post) sums it up excellently.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas

Find one good candidate and vote for him/her. That way, that person gets all 27 of your votes.

25 candidates are going to win. If you only vote for one candidate, they might win, but you give up any control of the other 24. The critical part of bullet voting is not to vote one person, but to avoid voting for anyone else who is not as solid as your first vote. Each vote for a person lesser than your first choice dilutes your voting power.

It would be nice though to get a ranking of the candidates.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    The number of true reform candidates is so low that splitting votes means no reformer will get elected. I don't want any control over the 26 others; I'd just like to see one reformer on the board.

We have to start somewhere.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014

Your criteria is the same as mine, namely:To accomplish that, I think the best for the job is Adam Kraut.

benenglish,

FACE FACTS = The NRA will NOT count 27 votes FOR ANY candidate.

yours, satx

sharkey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    I rest my case.
    And you are very delusional. Good thing you support red flag laws.

You rest your case? WTF does that mean? Again with the implications. I now am delusional and support red flag laws?? You've never met me so you can only go off my comments here.
    I already told you if I was wrong somewhere to point it out. You didn't. So tell me where in my posts here am I delusional and where I posted I support red flag laws.

Psst, you can't and that is why I said a...holes abound and you have verbal defecation.
    You can always put me on ignore. Hmmm, who will I vote for on the NRA ballot? Maybe I will see you in Indianapolis.

sharkey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    benenglish,

FACE FACTS = The NRA will NOT count 27 votes FOR ANY candidate.

yours, satx

Yeah I find it kinda hard to believe voting for 1 person will garner him 27 votes from you.
    It is like that commercial where the old ladies say "that's not how it works, that's not how any of it works"

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    The NRA will NOT count 27 votes FOR ANY candidate.
    I find it kinda hard to believe voting for 1 person will garner him 27 votes from you.
    My past explanations of why bullet voting is mandatory if we want to elect reformers have been faulty. I freely admit that and apologize for the confusion.

Nevertheless, bullet voting means that a single vote for a single candidate is the functional equivalent of casting multiple votes for that candidate relative to the other candidates.

Don't trust me. Trust Jeff Knox explaining it here.

Trust a lawyer explaining it verbally:

Then cast just one vote for just one candidate...if you want your vote to be most effective.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    You rest your case? WTF does that mean? Again with the implications. I now am delusional and support red flag laws?? You've never met me so you can only go off my comments here.
    I already told you if I was wrong somewhere to point it out. You didn't. So tell me where in my posts here am I delusional and where I posted I support red flag laws.

Psst, you can't and that is why I said a...holes abound and you have verbal defecation.
    You can always put me on ignore. Hmmm, who will I vote for on the NRA ballot? Maybe I will see you in Indianapolis.
    Keep it up. Watching you spout delusional nonsense is pretty entertaining.

Seriously, don’t stop.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    My past explanations of why bullet voting is mandatory if we want to elect reformers have been faulty. I freely admit that and apologize for the confusion.

Nevertheless, bullet voting means that a single vote for a single candidate is the functional equivalent of casting multiple votes for that candidate relative to the other candidates.

Don't trust me. Trust Jeff Knox explaining it here.

Trust a lawyer explaining it verbally:

Then cast just one vote for just one candidate...if you want your vote to be most effective.

benenglish.

And you are SURE that his OPINION, no matter that he's a lawyer, is correct??
    FYI, I've heard all sorts of lawyers, who spout NONSENSE.

yours, satx

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    benenglish.

And you are SURE that his OPINION, no matter that he's a lawyer, is correct??
    FYI, I've heard all sorts of lawyers, who spout NONSENSE.

yours, satx
    I am pretty sure that is an accurate opinion. Whether the NRA will actually follow the rules it sets is another story.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Hoji,

Somehow, I don't believe that the current BoD would allow that "method". = As far as i can see, ALL of us members voting for the same 27 candidates means that those 27 win.
    CORRECT??

Further, it depends on WHO counts the votes & their agenda.

yours, satx

Last edited:

sharkey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Keep it up. Watching you spout delusional nonsense is pretty entertaining.

Seriously, don’t stop.
    Well I love to entertain. I keep asking you to support your assertions but you got nothing. You are not an entertainer so maybe you should stop?

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Well I love to entertain. I keep asking you to support your assertions but you got nothing. You are not an entertainer so maybe you should stop?

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

E143A39F-176A-4C25-A2E0-3072398223B7.jpeg

Attachments

• E143A39F-176A-4C25-A2E0-3072398223B7.jpeg
      E143A39F-176A-4C25-A2E0-3072398223B7.jpeg
      34 KB · Views: 323

sharkey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Are you really that desperate? Rather than justify your implications of me, you resort to posting memes? At least I respect RoadRunner for his response. He at least tried to reply to my Q.

C'mon, show me where I support a bump stock ban, red flag laws, where I am delusional, or I am using HRC tacitcs. It should be easy if I did any of that stuff. So now besides being a liar, and an a..hole, you are posting a meme insulting the mentally challenged. Geez, I bet you never apologize to your wife either.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    It's a shame when a thread about NRA elections on a gun board devolves into mutual insults.

We're better than this, folks.

This thread, however, is irredeemable.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom