• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Andy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2013
    Dallas, TX
    So....theoretically speaking, what's your (everyone's) "sell" number?
    I don't really know, personally - I could sell at 25 or 30 or whatever and make a nice profit but... what would I replace it with?

For me, this is more a means to have some hard "currency" on-hand so while profit-taking is nice, my silver would just have to be replaced with something else tangible. What that would be, I don't yet know.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    I don't really know, personally - I could sell at 25 or 30 or whatever and make a nice profit but... what would I replace it with?

For me, this is more a means to have some hard "currency" on-hand so while profit-taking is nice, my silver would just have to be replaced with something else tangible. What that would be, I don't yet know.

Ideally more Silver after the price dropped back down....

Andy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2013
    Dallas, TX
    I know - I'm just used to having silver on-hand and wouldn't enjoy having mere paper while waiting for silver to come down. I'm becoming an addict, I tell you! :)

Flewda

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 5, 2012
    Ohio (But my heart is in Texas)
    If silver investment was a short-term thing for me I'd be frustrated with how much I've "lost" but I am looking at it all long term. Of course I'd prefer to buy while it's down, but I'm going to sleep better knowing I have some than putting all my eggs in stock and greenbacks (or worse, digital money on bank servers) because that's working out so well for Greeks.

McClintock

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 26, 2015
    If silver investment was a short-term thing for me I'd be frustrated with how much I've "lost" but I am looking at it all long term. Of course I'd prefer to buy while it's down, but I'm going to sleep better knowing I have some than putting all my eggs in stock and greenbacks (or worse, digital money on bank servers) because that's working out so well for Greeks.

I'm still scratching my head on the idea of virtual currency. Sounds great for short term gambling but long term during times of economic destress I'd rather have hard assets .

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I'ts gone back up a few percent, but I'm kinda surprised silver is so low with everything that's going on with Greece and China. Shouldn't hard currency be going up when funny money is going down?

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    I'd keep some as currency/stability/security but not as a big investment. There's just too much market volatility coming.

We import so much that as other global currencies/economies tank the dollar will get stronger and imported goods cheaper. That effectively imports deflation.

That's why they're keeping rates so low and printing tons of money to fight off foreign currencies.

It's a hot mess and whichever way it heads is purely a guess.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    We import so much that as other global currencies/economies tank the dollar will get stronger and imported goods cheaper. That effectively imports deflation.

That's why they're keeping rates so low and printing tons of money to fight off foreign currencies.
    Never considered the importing deflation part, but it makes a lot of sense. I guess as long as the rest of the world is doing worse than us we'll be fine :p

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    I invest in knowledge more than anything else. Trying to increase my (and my family's) skills and experience for the last handful of years.

It's the one thing that has value that can never be taken away from you. It can be applied at home or to make a living.

Something to consider.

Top Bottom