• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Skip

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    NW San Antonio
    Yesterday, my wife and son were at Walmart. For some reason justin set his phone on the baby seat part. And stepped away for a sec. One of the employees said he saw her set her purse on top to hide the phone. He told my wife that he thought they were together. I'm missing a few details, but he was upset when he was trying to explain it to me.
    They won't search the cameras for us, and we can't get ant assistance. AT&T blocked the phone, but even they aren't helping....
    Like I said, I hate a f'ing thief.
    Venture Surplus ad

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    Hate to say it but that's what insurance is for. I count the number of times I see that exact situation happening in grocery stores or any other big box store. People setting their phones down or worse mommy shoppers that put their purses in the top cradle of the cart and walk away to get something is a crowded store. Teach them to learn better situational skills.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    It's stolen. It is what it is.

What are you changing so it doesn't happen again? I highly suggest not laying it anywhere on a shopping buggy. My gf does that. She uses it for a calculator. Sits it up on the tray by the buggy handle. Walks off to check a price.

I check her on it, every time I see it.

People have no problem snatching a $500 phone.

Mike1234567

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    South Texas
    I'm just trying to put things into perspective. Overall, this forum is in sharp opposition to sharia law. Yet, if something happens to ourselves, we then want extreme punishments? Perhaps, the statements weren't intended to be taken literally. Still, they were made. Believe me, sometimes I think in rather harsh standards too. No one likes to be taken advantage of by others no matter what the circumstances.

I guess what I'm trying to say is future viewers of this thread will see those posts and Muslim extremists will point to them and shout... "LOOK even those crazy Texans think we're right!!" Or more moderate types will read them and shout... "WTF, are those those crazy Texans advocating sharia law?"

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    Oh good grief.
    Take it easy dude....

I too hate thieves, and although I don't support chopping a hand off, them SOB should be dealt with. I've been stolen from several times in the near past and it really pisses me off that there was little I could do to remedy the situations and just needed to eat the loss.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Ifva police report was made, loss prevention will get the video for the police. Just won't show the video to you or yell you about it.

from an idgit coffeeholic

craigntx

Masta Copypasta
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 25, 2010
    Cypress, Tejas
    Not the first time ive heard wallyword wont help solve a crime with their cams.
    If theres nobody at the ammo counter will security monitoring the cams send an "associate"?

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    They don't monitor all the time.
    Yeah, what they should, or are supposed to do, don't always get done. Most of the managers think they know a lot more about corp. policy and laws than they actually know.

Go figure.

from an idgit coffeeholic

A.Texas.Yankee

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    NTX
    I'm just trying to put things into perspective. Overall, this forum is in sharp opposition to sharia law. Yet, if something happens to ourselves, we then want extreme punishments? Perhaps, the statements weren't intended to be taken literally. Still, they were made. Believe me, sometimes I think in rather harsh standards too. No one likes to be taken advantage of by others no matter what the circumstances.

I guess what I'm trying to say is future viewers of this thread will see those posts and Muslim extremists will point to them and shout... "LOOK even those crazy Texans think we're right!!" Or more moderate types will read them and shout... "WTF, are those those crazy Texans advocating sharia law?"
    What a reach. So by your reaction if I believe in birth control, I must also believe in late term abortion.

Sent from my LG-LS995 using Tapatalk

Mike1234567

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    South Texas
    What a reach. So by your reaction if I believe in birth control, I must also believe in late term abortion.

Now THAT is a reach, LOL!! Using your very own analogy... you're stating that just because you believe in cutting off hands for thievery, it doesn't mean you believe in cutting off tongues for blasphemy or death-stoning for adultery. So which sharia punishments do you condone... I mean other than cutting hands off for theft?

EDIT: BTW, I don't believe in any abortion. I'm pro life. However, I'm all for pregnancy prevention. I'm not Catholic.

Last edited:

A.Texas.Yankee

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    NTX
    Is it? You basically just said because someone believes in one thing that may fall into another set of beliefs, they must believe in every belief within that category. Then you contradicted yourself. Cutting off someone's hand is not solely a Sharia Law thing. It exists outside of Sharia Law, existed before Sharia Law, and will exist beyond it in other belief systems.

A.Texas.Yankee

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    NTX
    I also didn't say a thing about being for or against cutting off a hand as punishment.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    There is no evidence that is true. Walmart and most smart retailers will not show customers video. It serves no purpose, and MANY people lie about the reason they want to see video.

However, file a criminal complaint and Walmart will provide access to their system.

I am intimately familiar with this issue.

Top Bottom