• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hkusp1

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    DALLAS, TX
    Who ever said this doesn't happen in Texas schools? Doesn't matter where you are if you let a liberal democrat in they are going to start screwing stuff up.

Army 1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Dallas Texas or so
    While the teacher was probably within her academic rights with the assignment, using student work without permission may be problematic. Her point of thinking of it as a job, where graphic designers get assigned to do things that they may or may not support is a good point. But, in the real world we can change jobs. In college, changing isn't as easy. Her class may be required and students pay to be there. They should have had an option. This assignment or that assignment.

Now me, my design would have included something like, "I'd rather be found dead and raped, than have to explain shooting the bastard."

Last edited:

GrandpaOf18

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Elmendorf TX
    While the teacher was probably within her academic rights with the assignment, using student work without permission may be problematic. Her point of thinking of it as a job, where graphic designers get assigned to do things that they may or may not support is a good point. But, in the real world we can change jobs. In college, changing isn't as easy. Her class may be required and students pay to be there. They should have had an option. This assignment or that assignment.

Now me, my design would have included something like, "I'd rather be found dead and raped, than have to explain shooting the bastard."

Just as an academic exersise, it would not have been an issue, but using it to promote her agenda online, etc... is totally wrong on a lot of counts.

I like your idea for a sign;)

cpileri

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2011
    near Fort Hood (Killeen)

I'd have drawn a picture to the effect of "We shouldn't have guns because that would make the next holocaust more difficult".
    I'd probably make sure i had lots of JBT's stomping women and infants.
    I'd get first accused of anti-semitism, but i would be happy to let real point sink in! Anyone can be the next "Jew".

Sorry, but this stuff bugs me: brainwashing our next generation of leaders, one art class at a time.
    C-​

jamesmrj

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2011
    Cypress, TX
    An article I read yesterday "reported" that what this teacher did could actually bring criminal charges.

http://dailycaller.com/2013/04/10/p...tudents-forced-to-design-anti-gun-propaganda/

The article said that as a teacher at a state school, she is an employee of the state; the article also said that state law prohibits an employee of the state to use their position to "interfere with or affect the result of an election or nomination of a candidate or to achieve any other political purpose."

Whether the article is correct or not I don't know. I do know I wouldn't want to be that teacher right now.

Top Bottom