Join TexasGunTalk

New Hunters first Hog

Discussion in 'Texas Hunting & Fishing' started by kittyhawk, Jan 1, 2019.

1. kittyhawk

kittyhawk Active Member

May 12, 2009
    NE Houston
    ive got a buddy who’s wife died this summer so I have him up to he ranch as much as possible. He likes to tag along with me when I’m hog hunting but he’s just likes to watch and hang out, he even bought his own FLIR hand held. Well a few weeks ago he’s out back of the house taking a pee and was looking through his FLIR and spotted a hog at a crossfence about 75 yards away. He came and got me and we watched the hog root for about five minutes, I asked him if he wanted to shoot it since he spotted it. He himed and hawed for a few minutes and finally said yes. He’s a good pistol shooter but not comfortable with a rifle since he’s blind in one eye. So I set him up with my 7.62/39 ar with a Photon RT on it. I had him set up and brace the rifle on a corner post. He fired and the piggee dropped where he stood. It did the shakee leg for a few seconds so I had him hit again with a anchor shot. Now he’s HOOKED and wants to build an AR and get a NV scope. I’m so proud of him and happy to have another hunting buddy.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2019
  2. kittyhawk

kittyhawk Active Member

May 12, 2009
    NE Houston
    [​IMG]
    Here’s a picture

Attached Files:

3. Double Naught Spy

Double Naught Spy Active Member

Mar 4, 2008
    North Texas
    Very nice!

4. avvidclif

avvidclif RFTW 2010

Aug 30, 2017
    Van Zandt County
    That is great. Got another one hooked on fun...

Charlie likes this.
  5. Big Green

Big Green Active Member

Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    I’ve only been once but would love to go again. I even built a whole rifle around the possibility but haven’t gotten a chance to go again.