• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MaddogOIF

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    So browsing my Google plus account today I come across a recommendation for the official Sarah Evens page. This is odd because my account is dedicated to guns, military, survival/tactical, Android, and muscle cars. And I know I have never searched her name through Google or anything else that that can be tracked back to my Plus account. However I do recall a conversation with my wife about how I met her a few times when I was younger and knew her god father. Made me realize that the listening setting for the Google Now app is very real and the potential dangers of it are more than paranoia.
    Venture Surplus ad

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    So browsing my Google plus account today I come across a recommendation for the official Sarah Evens page. This is odd because my account is dedicated to guns, military, survival/tactical, Android, and muscle cars. And I know I have never searched her name through Google or anything else that that can be tracked back to my Plus account. However I do recall a conversation with my wife about how I met her a few times when I was younger and knew her god father. Made me realize that the listening setting for the Google Now app is very real and the potential dangers of it are more than paranoia.

Would have been especially scary if the conversation was "face to face".......

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    who%20says_zpsbmaikmkt.png

RACER X

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2013
    Richmond/Houston
    Funny you mention that on a show segment I was watching earlier it was saying that Snowden ask the reporters to put their phones in a refrigerator because that the only place
    The NSA couldn't penetrate

So I stuck my phone in the fridge and called it from my office line and it did not receive a phone call

MaddogOIF

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    Maybe I should go with Apple. I hear they have knack for pissing off the NSA.

Last edited:

MaddogOIF

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    Tape up your mics and cams on your computer too.
    We only use our laptops and they are shut 90% of the time. And luckily I'm lazy and half the time it's shoved under the couch. So even if if my Mic is turned on remotely I doubt it's sensitive enough to hear anything more than screaming children.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GiantLoomis
    Top Bottom