• ...and so much more!
  • Stumpy

Landman/Presbyterian
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2009
    Slaton, TX
    Yall might find this interesting.

I had a FB conversation with a lib today.

CBS 7 News(Midland/Odessa) posted a link to the vid of the Texas soldier who was wrongfully arrested and diarmed(which we discussed in THIS thread)

Looky here: https://www.facebook.com/#!/CBS7New...fset=0&total_comments=118&notif_t=share_reply

I truly believe liberalism is a disease. This character felt the need to have a reply comment to every input someone had.

Edit: Oh, and I'm Davis. The lib is Robert S.
    Lynx Defense

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    I wrote a nice reply.

Some of the replies here show the general ignorance of the American public. He was legally carrying a firearm and doing nothing that could have been perceived as illegal, and was still accosted by the police. If you were walking down the street and the police stopped you because you looked suspicious, you would be complaining and bitching about that as well. However, because a person, who has actually fought for his country, is legally carrying a rifle on a 10 mile hike with his son, this sort of treatment is okay. Legal firearm ownership, and legally carrying those firearms, is not grounds for "probable cause". The next time you get stopped speeding or rolling through a stop sign, and bitch about how that officer gave you a ticket, realize that you actually broke the law and deserved to be stopped and ticketed. This decorated soldier did nothing illegal, yet received this unethical treatment by the local police department.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    It's funny that guy has such a serious belief that basically everyone should always submit to the will of a LEO under every circumstance, at all times, for any reason, and should never question a thing. That's pretty ignorant.

Anyone that knows me, knows that I have a TON of support for LEO's in general. I've had a lot of friends in LE, and have as much of an understanding about the BS they have to deal with as anyone can that isn't a LEO. My general philosophy, as someone that isn't a LEO, is that it's usually wisest to conduct one's self in as professional and polite a manner as possible in most circumstances. Things just work more smoothly that way, and it can go a long way towards preventing tempers and emotions from derailing a situation. That being said, as Americans, it is in our nature to not always "submit" to the will of those with authority. Sometimes it is necessary to question, sometimes it is good to stand up for your rights. The side of the road is not usually the place for that, as opposed to the courthouse or after the fact, but I'm sure you get the idea.

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    Oh god RetArmySgt, enough. My blood pressure is high enough. I think I'll go replace a toilet.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    I LOL every time someone calls Sandy a super storm. It was a Cat 1, lowest intensity a storm can be and still be called a hurricane.

Top Bottom