Votes: 25 96.2%

• Total voters

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    Just goes to show that what I tell my pooch - each time she goes to sniff a cat when we are out for a walk - is correct - pussy is dangerous.

As for why he did not use his elk hunting rifle (if he had one), maybe it had a big high powered optic on it that might not have been the best idea to try to use at that close a range. Regardless, I am fairly certain it would have been a dead pussy-cat had I been in that situation.

It is early, maybe he was a “Bow Hunter” ?
    Lynx Defense

Nofir55

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2016
    Katy Texas
    Yap. this is defiantly a case of "shoot it first and then ask if it intended to eat you". and the bigger the caliber the better.

popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    He had enough vid evidence he was a 'target'. Dead cat!! If cat stalked him, would do the same to others. Eliminate problem.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    >

Any time a wild mammal acts strangely, especially agressively, think “RABIES”, it could save a LIFE !

Years back, a Friend was attacked by a bobcat in West Texas. He killed it, it had RABIES, he took the shots and survived.

With RABIES, “Wait & see” = certain death !

That is why we stress “think” RABIES. . . . . . .

There has been only ONE recorded case of an unvaccinated Human surviving RABIES, and she was already in an ICU when the RABIES was diagnosed. She lived, but with severe neurological impairments.

Don’t take the chance.

leVieux

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine

Attachments

• D82CCEE6-2568-477A-94D4-CD1E019575FE.jpeg
      D82CCEE6-2568-477A-94D4-CD1E019575FE.jpeg
      20.1 KB · Views: 72

FNORD

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    HOUSTON
    When the animal is a predator capable of taking a human and indicating its intent by locking its gaze much less exhibiting stalking behavior then think predation.

A smaller animal exhibiting lack of normal fear response to a human is a concern for rabies.

And, please, who is we?

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    >

Any time a wild mammal acts strangely, especially agressively, think “RABIES”, it could save a LIFE !

Years back, a Friend was attacked by a bobcat in West Texas. He killed it, it had RABIES, he took the shots and survived.

With RABIES, “Wait & see” = certain death !

That is why we stress “think” RABIES. . . . . . .

There has been only ONE recorded case of an unvaccinated Human surviving RABIES, and she was already in an ICU when the RABIES was diagnosed. She lived, but with severe neurological impairments.

Don’t take the chance.

leVieux
    A good point. Need to pay real good attention to the animals gate.

Coyote9

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 13, 2020
    Granbury Texas

Lion stalking is common place, I've been stalked once in WA and several times while living in CO. I'd have never known if my horse or dog had not made me aware. Both world record mountain lions were taken within 11 miles of my house West of Pagosa Springs while I was living there. The previous record was held by Teddy Roosevelt taken in Yellowstone a 100 years earlier. I've never seen one charge or even snarl. To answer the question , I can only hope that I would not be afflicted with Opticrectitus...that condition where your optic nerve fuses with your rectum and you do not know whether to Shit or go Blind!

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Lion stalking is common place, I've been stalked once in WA and several times while living in CO. I'd have never known if my horse or dog had not made me aware. Both world record mountain lions were taken within 11 miles of my house West of Pagosa Springs while I was living there. The previous record was held by Teddy Roosevelt taken in Yellowstone a 100 years earlier. I've never seen one charge or even snarl. To answer the question , I can only hope that I would not be afflicted with Opticrectitus...that condition where your optic nerve fuses with your rectum and you do not know whether to Shit or go Blind!
    I would just hope I would have the sense to put my phone down and take a two handed shot. Then again, I would probably have a GoPro and it wouldn’t be an issue

Top Bottom