• ...and so much more!
  • SARGE67

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2021
    Texas
    After having more chest pains (angina) for past year and despite the slow release nitro twice a day plus the immediate nitro release several times a day, I got another two stents last Friday. This time they were above and below the "widow maker" bypass from 10 years ago. Two years ago when placing a stent in a branch artery they said all my 3 main arteries that were bypassed before were clear. Now one wasn't big time. All I've done is study heart disease for past 10 years since triple bypasses. Nothing makes sense. Since my little brother died of heart attack at age 54 and other little brother had a quadruple bypass at age 50, then my triple bypass a few months later at age 65, is obvious a genetic thing. Our parents almost lost all 3 sons within 6 months back then. My last two years have been a heart attack, a stent, now two more stents . I eat proper but not to point of being anal. And that "cholesterol" bs has always been perfect. I have no advice to offer as to prevention. I am now exploring the inflammation angle. We all have some. Foods cause most of it but can also heal it.
    Lynx Defense

popsgarland

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    DFW area
    Damn man. Sounds like our having a really tough time.

Sending
    1f64f.png
    1f64f.png
    1f64f.png
    1f64f.png
    to you for some easier times.

MountainGirl

Happy to be here!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Ten Oaks
    .... I am now exploring the inflammation angle. We all have some. Foods cause most of it but can also heal it.
    Sorry to hear you're going through this, Sarge. The added stress from losing your son last summer didn't help. Regarding foods & inflammation -

(Leaving the long story out...) Four years ago, I learned from a registered/licensed dietician that I'd engaged (to safe my life) that condensed tomato products were a leading cause of inflammation. An occasional tomato slice on a burger is not a problem, but the condensed versions are: tomato sauce, paste, ketchups, etc.

My problem wasn't inflammation, but my then-husband suffered joint pain immensely from decades of downhill (he was a pro skier) so I told him about that; he gave up everything, pasta sauces etc, and within 10 days his pain was all but gone.

I'm not aware of any foods that 'heal' inflammation, I'd think removing the causes would be a good start. I dont know if heart-related inflammation is the same as joint-related - but wanted to pass this along just in case it is.

Last edited:

striker55

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    Katy
    Prayers for you, maybe there is something about genetics. I see ads for DNA testing sites that can predict health issues, wonder how well they work?

alternative

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2023
    Texas
    Been on a statin for 22 years since my first heart attack. Hope your last stents helped, if you can cut back your nitroglycerine you know it is working. I don't think diet means anything, you could eat zero cholesterol and your liver still makes it. Go with the flow and enjoy what time we have.

msharley

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2021
    Central Pennsylvania
    Prayers sent....

In my case?

My white blood cells have decided that my arteries are "the enemy"....

Granddad? DOA massive coronary, age 66.

Mom? DOA massive coronary, age 55!

Me? Pair of stents in LAD age 60....(they said I was DOA...another couple minners gettin' to horsepital? tits up doris)

Oh Well...we serve at His Pleasure!

SARGE67

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2021
    Texas
    Sorry to hear you're going through this, Sarge. The added stress from losing your son last summer didn't help. Regarding foods & inflammation -

(Leaving the long story out...) Four years ago, I learned from a registered/licensed dietician that I'd engaged (to safe my life) that condensed tomato products were a leading cause of inflammation. An occasional tomato slice on a burger is not a problem, but the condensed versions are: tomato sauce, paste, ketchups, etc.

My problem wasn't inflammation, but my then-husband suffered joint pain immensely from decades of downhill (he was a pro skier) so I told him about that; he gave up everything, pasta sauces etc, and within 10 days his pain was all but gone.

I'm not aware of any foods that 'heal' inflammation, I'd think removing the causes would be a good start. I dont know if heart-related inflammation is the same as joint-related - but wanted to pass this along just in case it is.

MG, thanks for the info. As I understand it, inflammation is inflammation. If it settles in our joints we get arthritis or joint issues, if in our heart then potentially clogged arteries. This link isn't as long as others out there like from Mayo but gets to the nitty gritty on measuring inflammation we have. It doesn't tell us where it is but does measure it. It's called a CRP test taken from a blood sample. Most docs don't include it in our annual labs but we can always ask them to since they already have our blood draw. In my case I had it done separately. I was reading 11 on the scale and was only supposed to be 2 or below to be safe. Off the friggin' chart. Wife was a 3.

Top Bottom