Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Moms’ Gun Control Ad Cites Dangers of ‘Little Red Riding Hood’

Maybe the NRA needs to start a commercial campaign of sobbing mothers who only want the ability to defend their children and a way to defend themselves from rapists.

"Why do these people want a rapist to have the upper hand?"
    ARJ Defense ad

codygjohnson

Eats breakfast everyday
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    Flower Mound
    Moms’ Gun Control Ad Cites Dangers of ‘Little Red Riding Hood’

The ironiy here is that all of the items depicted in the ads were banned because...moms demanded action...

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    It's unfortunate that they don't see that by playing dodge ball, you learn to NOT get hit! Then when you DO get hit, you learn to suck t up and go on. My childhood was rough and just plain shitty. It made me tough and when I left home at 17, I was ready to deal with the world! I prospered in several of the most cutthroat industries on Earth. I didn't just survive....I prospered!

Say what you want about sheltering a kid from harm but this is a tough old world and Mommy won't be there to wipe your nose forever.

Flash

rsayloriii

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    H-Town, TX
    Just left a "common sense" comment on their facebook page. They already took it down and blocked me from commenting anymore, typical liberal way of dealing with stuff.

I too just left a nicely worded common sense comment. We'll see how long it takes to be banned. lol

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I don't do Facebook or Twitter. Any chance you could leave a message for me? Just say "Flash said to F off!" Thanks!

Flash

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    It's unfortunate that they don't see that by playing dodge ball, you learn to NOT get hit! Then when you DO get hit, you learn to suck t up and go on. My childhood was rough and just plain shitty. It made me tough and when I left home at 17, I was ready to deal with the world! I prospered in several of the most cutthroat industries on Earth. I didn't just survive....I prospered!

Say what you want about sheltering a kid from harm but this is a tough old world and Mommy won't be there to wipe your nose forever.

Flash

The more people try to protect kids from danger, the more dangerous they make the kids.

When I was a kid (80s-90s) the two local TV stations I watched were unincorporated, so they played a lot of VERY old cartoons. It wasn't uncommon to see people getting shot in the face with shotguns, dodging bullets from revolvers and tommy guns, swallowing dynamite or handgrenades then getting blown up, getting set on fire, smoking cigarettes and getting drunk... now we can't even show a bottle of wine on a Little Red Riding Hood book. Good luck finding a modern cartoon that shows ANY of those things.

And what's the result? Kids are so overprotected they don't know anything about how dangerous the world is. Yeah, I watched violent cartoons, and I also learned there are a lot of dangerous things out there in the world waiting to hurt or kill you. Kids these days have no concept of that thanks to the backwards concept of making them safer by keeping them ignorant of danger.

I was watching old Popeye episodes last night with my sort-of-neice and the contrast between that and what she normally watches was a universe apart. You want your kids to grow up right? Bring back cartoons with guns, drugs, and explosives. Yeah, they'll be more agressive. Since when was that a bad thing? If kids are going to be successful they'd better learn to be aggressive. The sooner the better. And at least they'll have enough sense to know the world is a place they should be cautious about instead of unquestionably, mindlessly in love with.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    ^^^ This for sure.

Plus,I believe the a big part of the problem is that the "news" media is good at attaching isolated incidents to a whole segment of society.
    One kid in one town does one thing, that means that it's going to happen to every child. There are so many contributing factors that go into any one persons actions, that it's near impossible to say with much certainty what a random selection of children are going to do when introduced to one thing or the other. But that's way to clinical and hence, not emotional enough for the media to use.

Top Bottom