• ...and so much more!
  • BigRed

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2021
    Midwest
    As an aside.....

Years ago, I was on a little road trip with a few buddies. One buddy's fiance joined for the last leg of the trip.

Truck had a blow out. As we were getting ready to change it out, she asked if we could teach her to do it. To Rita, that means "I'll do it....coach me...don't do it for me".

So, we ended up along a roadside where folks driving by would see what looked like four guys standing around a truck while a young lady changed out a tire for them. The expressions on faces of folks going by, along with some of the comments, were memorable!

That's when Rita learned to change out a tire...story still comes up when we are together.

All these years later, Rita is one of the most self sufficient friend I know. She demanded "we teach her how to change a tire without helping" while making us guys look like idiots to the passeby folks.

Rita is pure genius!

striker55

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    Katy
    I had a job at Toyota distribution center, one requirement was you had to know how to drive a stick shift. Several young guys didn't know how, they would switch with me. One night the boss was watching, kid got into a car and stalled it a few times. He got fired on the spot.

dsgrey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    Denton County
    I had a job at Toyota distribution center, one requirement was you had to know how to drive a stick shift. Several young guys didn't know how, they would switch with me. One night the boss was watching, kid got into a car and stalled it a few times. He got fired on the spot.
    I learned on a stick but my big brother didn't. His first full-time job - an electrician's helper driving a three on a tree. He spent plenty of time learning after that in the field behind the house.

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    I learned to drive in a 1973 Chevrolet 1 ton with a 4 speed. It wasn’t a hydraulic clutch either. I was 8 years old and so small I had to lock my arms under the steering wheel to be able to push the clutch in. I also learned to back a trailer in the same vehicle about a year later.

OldPhart

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2017
    Orangefield
    As an aside.....

Years ago, I was on a little road trip with a few buddies. One buddy's fiance joined for the last leg of the trip.

Truck had a blow out. As we were getting ready to change it out, she asked if we could teach her to do it. To Rita, that means "I'll do it....coach me...don't do it for me".

So, we ended up along a roadside where folks driving by would see what looked like four guys standing around a truck while a young lady changed out a tire for them. The expressions on faces of folks going by, along with some of the comments, were memorable!

That's when Rita learned to change out a tire...story still comes up when we are together.

All these years later, Rita is one of the most self sufficient friend I know. She demanded "we teach her how to change a tire without helping" while making us guys look like idiots to the passeby folks.

Rita is pure genius!
    I wouldn't allow my daughter to get her license until she could drive a stick and change a flat. Since driving as soon as you turn 16 in Cali was "mandatory" at the time, she learned real quick. She is a regular Annie Oakley also and embarrasses her husband and me sometimes at the range.

Top Bottom