• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    something something something Camp Fire something something . . .

Pretty much the reason for the last 2 times.

Previous times were work outings and I did not feel like being my usual BBQ snob self.

If I EVER find myself in the unenviable position of being invited for BBQ in California again I will simply state that I am Hindu.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne

Previous times were work outings and I did not feel like being my usual BBQ snob self.

If I EVER find myself in the unenviable position of being invited for BBQ in California again I will simply state that I am Hindu.

Be careful with that. You might be offered vegan ‘bbq’.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    I suppose their idea of BBQ is sorta commy crap made outta tofu.......blech!

Yes, even their food is communist.

Bastards.......

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Well, I for one can say I've been to a few good BBQ's in San Diego. Of course they were private, and on the base at North Island or at the apartments we were put up in town.

bigwheel

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2018
    Fort Worth
    My brother worked at Yosemite Park for 30 years. He drove 40 miles one way to get bbq some restaurant cooked up in a crockpot.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Welcome aboard. I imported a Huntington Beach beach bunny a few years ago.

diesel1959

por vida
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE

I always laugh when Californians think there's something special about their barbecue because they have tri-tips and so on and so forth. I don't care how the butcher cuts your meat if you don't know what to do with it.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    I always laugh when Californians think there's something special about their barbecue because they have tri-tips and so on and so forth. I don't care how the butcher cuts your meat if you don't know what to do with it.
    First place I take folks from California for their first Texas BBQ is Rudy’s. They are amazed at how freaking good it is. That is when I tell them that it is the worst BBQ they will eat while having me as their BBQ guide.

diesel1959

por vida
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    First place I take folks from California for their first Texas BBQ is Rudy’s. They are amazed at how freaking good it is. That is when I tell them that it is the worst BBQ they will eat while having me as their BBQ guide.
    Preach, brother.

m5215

Pistoleer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2018
    McKinney, TX

Dickies is the McDonalds of BBQ in my opinion. Rudy's is not the best but they are a step or two above Dickies.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Dickies is the McDonalds of BBQ in my opinion. Rudy's is not the best but they are a step or two above Dickies.

I haven’t been to a Dickies in over a decade. Smokey Mo’s falls in that category. Bill Miller is a few steps below Dickies/Smokey Mo’s.

bigwheel

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2018
    Fort Worth
    Smells good when a person drives by the place but heard it wasn’t all that good. Cooper’s in Llano used to be rumored the place to go for brisket. Talked to a deputy who worked that area and he said a guy who worked at Coopers opened his own place on the South end of town...making Coopers having the 2nd best Bbq In Llano. Not sure on that I never ate at either place. Now did sample some highly nasty Elgin Hotguts one time. Greasy gut bombs. lol

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    So I reckon no McRib fans here?
    tenor.gif

:roflfunny::roflfunny::roflfunny::roflfunny:

Attachments

• tenor.gif
      tenor.gif