• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Frank59

Wheel Gunner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2018
    San Angelo
    https://www.foxnews.com/us/texas-of...ner-who-thought-he-was-intruder-officials-say

Heidelberg and Officer Victoria Allee were dispatched to Wilson’s home at about 1:16 a.m. Tuesday in reference to an alarm/panic alarm call. Upon arrival, officers walked the perimeter of the residence and did not observe anything out of the ordinary. Then Heidelberg noticed the front door of the residence was unsecure, according to the affidavit. About the same time, Officers Mims and Duwel (their first names were not provided) arrived at the scene to assist. Duwel could “clearly hear Heidelberg announce Midland Police Department,” according to the affidavit. Shortly after announcing the officers’ presence, Duwel heard a shot fired. Duwel proceeded to protect Mims and Allee, then asked if Heidelberg was OK. Heidelberg said he was OK. Duwel then heard a noise and saw Heidelberg was face down, according to the affidavit. Duwel found that Heidelberg had been shot and attempted life-saving measures, according to the affidavit. Heidelberg was transported to Midland Memorial Hospital by another member of the police department. He died at about 2:20 a.m. “Upon Texas Ranger Cody Allen speaking to the homeowner, David Charles Wilson, he admitted against his penal interest he was inside the residence (in the 3300 block of Eagle Cove) and fired a handgun in the direction of Officer Heidelberg. There is no current evidence of anyone else discharging a firearm in the direction of the officers,” according to the affidavit.
    Venture Surplus ad

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    I wonder the officer had a vest on?
    Thats just a bad deal all the way around.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    An officer only announcing himself once (if the above can be taken literally) is not enough in the middle of the night.

Once would rouse me from my sleep, but I would probably have no idea what had been said. Just that a voice woke me up.

Sad happenings.

Must wonder about charging the homeowner.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    If one has a "monitored" alarm, doesn't it usually make sound at the house as well?
    I suppose it could be a silent alarm, but that seems odd.
    I would presume that the homeowner would be fully awake by the time the police arrived?

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    If one has a "monitored" alarm, doesn't it usually make sound at the house as well?
    I suppose it could be a silent alarm, but that seems odd.
    I would presume that the homeowner would be fully awake by the time the police arrived?

Depends. Most monitored alarm systems have a duress/panic mode (or button on a fob) that overrides the siren (if installed) and will notify the monitoring center the duress code/button was utilized.

Homeowners cam also manually override any sensor(s) or the siren, as well.

ZX9RCAM

TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Depends. Most monitored alarm systems have a duress/panic mode (or button on a fob) that overrides the siren (if installed) and will notify the monitoring center the duress code/button was utilized.

Homeowners cam also manually override any sensor(s) or the siren, as well.

Are you saying that the alarm at the house might make NO noise at all?

diesel1959

por vida
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    Yes, as I mentioned in post 9, but why would one not want to know if their house is being broken into at the time it's being broken into?
    The audible alarm can be turned off locally by the homeowner. Tell me--if you are the homeowner, would you want the shrill alarm droning continually, or would you rather silence it at some point, and then move cautiously about the house clearing it AND being able to hear if someone else is moving around inside your house? I could see the homeowner silencing the alarm at some point before the police arrive.

ZX9RCAM

TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    The entire reason for my question was to show that the homeowner was most likely awake well before the police arrived.
    He wasn't startled from sleep when the officer announced his presence.
    He actually should have been expecting them.

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    Cat burglar.

My alarm has a loud siren. I can’t imagine having a home alarm that doesn’t blast out such a loud noise that it wouldn’t wake up half the neighborhood!

I want the threat gone. Gone away from me fast. If I can avoid a gun fight and the attendant legal costs, it’s what I desire. While I want the bad guy caught, I want my belongings and family left alone first and foremost.

Top Bottom