• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AusTex

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Austin, Texas
    Ok after reading this I thought two things immediately... First is how stupid criminals can be especially this guy. However the second thing that came to mind was how did this numb-skull get into Mcbrides so easily? I would think they would invest in more secure doors. At least to a point that a man with a crow bar couldn't get in quickly..

Austin news, sports, weather, Longhorns, business | Statesman.com
    Lynx Defense

lalonguecarabine

A legend in my own mind!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    Houston
    THAT - pisses me off! I was just in there, myself, on Veterans day. I don't get to go to Austin much these days, so I treated myself to a trip to McBrides and the free veterans dinner at Applebees afterwards.
    I hope they catch the asshole!

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    They had a break in in LA recently where the guy walked in, during business hours, and took a $6k Wilson Combat 1911. It took them two days to notice. Personally I think it was a contract job. Trying to unload that Wilson may prove difficult unless it goes south. ..

Gold-plated gun stolen from firearms dealer | WBRZ News 2 Louisiana : Baton Rouge, LA |

BATON ROUGE – Deputies are searching for the man that stole a pistol worth $6,000 from a firearms dealer in Baton Rouge earlier this month, using his children as a distraction.

Employees at Jim’s Firearms on Siegen Lane reported the gun missing two days after surveillance video recorded the theft.

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    The great country of West Texas
    I dont like people that break into my shit! Thats why I got me a Ninja Cat..

dipic0330.jpg

TrooperKbC

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    My first thought was shame on McBride's for not having a better security system. We expect that kind of behavior from hooligans, but the good guys we hold to higher expectations. Why in hell does Apo's Quicky Mart have bars on the windows, shatterproof plexiglass, a camera on every square foot with a TV to proove it, and a silent alarm, but McBride's apparantly only had 1 video camera?! WTF? Sure, their insurance covered their butts financially, but now we have 3 more varmints to hunt and keep away from our children. I am disappointed in my neighborhood shop and in thier insurance provider. :(

tx787

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2010
    Austin
    Red's has two big steel (red) outer doors that they close over the metal bar lined glass doors, I think that's more secure. Then again, smarter thieves can always bust in through the roof but at least the opportunistic lazy ones are deterred.

I don't think anyone would try to break into GT Distributors though.

Sid

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 14, 2010
    Austin
    Holy crap, I didn't even hear about this till today!

I've been to McBrides a few the last month and thought their security bars looked good enough to discourage break-ins.

I have to agree, for the number and cost of the firearms they hold, I would think they'd install an extensive high quality camera and alarm system.

For sure, they need to reposition their security camera to get a straight on shot of their faces.

TrooperKbC

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    After reading the article a second time, it looks like there may have been two different cameras that are so close together they basically have the same view. Two of the idiots have great mugshots, so "the" camera did a half-way decent job for its purpose, but the other 1 or 2 criminals in the photos are hard to see. I wouldn't be supprised if one or two get caught and rat out the others. It also says police responded to an alarm, so I guess I should give them credit for having one. Although, like Sid said, for the quantity and cost of firearms(I just oogled a Barret and a Blaser there 2 weeks ago)...I would have had a 160dB siren to make them leave before they loose their hearing perminately, iPhone text alerts to get my a$$ out of bed, and remote control pepper spray guns just for a little extra fun...oh and how about some remote squirt guns filled with that blue stain the banks use? ;D

TrooperKbC

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    That's about what I had in mind except with a pepper spray. I guess it could be a little too troublesome to clean up after a massive macing. LOL. I like the fog. They could have timed it better, though. I would have it on a 10 second delay beginning near the front door, so if the criminal ran to the back or side it would "block" exit view while they are "none the wiser" until they turn around or get engulfed. That way they would be lost inside when the police arrive. I would rather catch the buttheads instead of scaring them away.

shipwreck

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Beretta City,Texas
    They had a break in at the same shop about 2 years ago, maybe 3 years... I remember reading about it in the news. So, they have a problem they need to solve if it has happened again.

512Ram

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 11, 2009
    Central Texas
    That fog cannon is awesome! All it needs is 2 or 3 lasers to just point around randomly with a speaker blasting swat team commands!

They had a break in at the same shop about 2 years ago, maybe 3 years... I remember reading about it in the news. So, they have a problem they need to solve if it has happened again.

I remember when that happened as well.. You'd think a gun store would have bars around all doors and windows (doesn't red's have that?).

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    That security is fogging cool (sorry I had to). Is there a mustard gas/ drop down steel door option on that? I am not into the deter thieves security, I prefer the eliminate thieves security.

Top Bottom