• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Elbe

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    San Antonio
    This is a confused man. Sometimes I think his heart is not totally in this fight. Is it his wife, or the Democrat party putting them up to it? Maybe she is using the gun control issue as her way to prolong a political career cut short. The timing of their foundation is suspect to me as well. Why wait all that time from the Tucson incident to after the election and Newtown if the issue is so important to them?

macshooter

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2012
    EL Chuco
    "I don't have possession of it yet but I'll be turning it over to the Tucson PD when I do. "

Let this go to show that even being an astronaut is no guarantee that a person is not fucking retarded.

(Yes I feel for what happened to his wife, hate the nutbag POS that did that and think he should be publicly executed in a horrible and painful way, and have huge respect for what it takes to be an astronaut. But still, that's fucking retarded. That's the problem with liberalism. It's fucking retarded, and yet otherwise very smart people still fall for it all the time.)

cbigclarke

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    cypress
    This is a confused man. Sometimes I think his heart is not totally in this fight. Is it his wife, or the Democrat party putting them up to it? Maybe she is using the gun control issue as her way to prolong a political career cut short. The timing of their foundation is suspect to me as well. Why wait all that time from the Tucson incident to after the election and Newtown if the issue is so important to them?

We all know the Democrap party, and Bloomburg are putting him up to it. Before Newtown him nor his wife had nothing to say about this issue. All of sudden they so mouthy.

A pox on his house for being a scumbag

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    Democrat party is setting him up for a run at public office. Possibly against McCain for Senate although if I were the Dems I'd want to leave that jackass right where he is.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    I don't understand the straw purchase accusation. Why is this being said? Who do folks think he was buying an AR15 for?

Personally, I think Kelly got caught buying guns he wanted and is taking heat for it so he's changing his mind. I do not think it is a personal crusade to purchase AR15s one by one to turn them in, though it's an idea, just not very smart financially particularly in this market.

TwinGlocks

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Houston
    Are we really surprised? Exactly how much hypocrisy have we seen from the anti-gunners from Feinstein's CCW permit to Rosie O'Donnell's bodyguard applying for a CHL?

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    I don't understand the straw purchase accusation. Why is this being said? Who do folks think he was buying an AR15 for?

Personally, I think Kelly got caught buying guns he wanted and is taking heat for it so he's changing his mind. I do not think it is a personal crusade to purchase AR15s one by one to turn them in, though it's an idea, just not very smart financially particularly in this market.

Right. I think he was trying to get in before the ban (that he was helping to spearhead) and things went terribly wrong, i.e. he got caught.
    The 'just buying them as an example' line is very hard, if not impossible, to believe.
    I don't understand the straw purchase angle either unless he was to come out and stupidly say he specifically bought it with the full intention of handing it over to the PD.
    There are proper ways to help your local PD out with armament if one is so inclined. Going out and buying firearms with the sole and specific purpose of turning them over to someone else (and yes, even the PD qualifies as someone else or third party) would qualify as a straw purchase.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Kelly is a prime candidate for public office and he's using his injured wife as a stepping stone to start his campaign. I don't believe that Gabby realizes that she's being used.

Obama uses the graves of dead children to further HIS political agenda. Both men are despicable!

Flash

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Right. I think he was trying to get in before the ban (that he was helping to spearhead) and things went terribly wrong, i.e. he got caught.
    The 'just buying them as an example' line is very hard, if not impossible, to believe.
    I don't understand the straw purchase angle either unless he was to come out and stupidly say he specifically bought it with the full intention of handing it over to the PD.
    There are proper ways to help your local PD out with armament if one is so inclined. Going out and buying firearms with the sole and specific purpose of turning them over to someone else (and yes, even the PD qualifies as someone else or third party) would qualify as a straw purchase.

I did not know that, thanks.

Ericstac

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 1, 2012
    TX
    A straw purchase is only that IF the buyer purchases a gun for someone that CANNOT purchase the gun themselves. Pretty sure a PD can buy the gun.

orbitup

Sticker Cop
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    Waxyscratchy
    Even to buy an assault weapon, the background check only takes a matter of minutes. I don't have possession of it yet but I'll be turning it over to the Tucson PD when I do.

The background check must have taken longer than a few minutes if he wasn't able to walk out of the store with it.

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    A straw purchase is only that IF the buyer purchases a gun for someone that CANNOT purchase the gun themselves. Pretty sure a PD can buy the gun.

You're right. I was saying that I couldn't understand the straw purchase angle some were taking and apparently I had third party on the brain when I was typing.

Hopefully Shorts comes back by this thread and sees the correction.

Last edited:

steve-o

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2011
    Arlington
    I also think he's full of it saying that the background check process isn't sufficient, or too easy. He didn't have a problem buying guns cause he doesn't meet one of the disqualifying factors. If he were to assume a fake criminal identity, or witness a criminal buy a gun from a store, then he could make that case.

Top Bottom