• ...and so much more!
  • TipBledsoe

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 28, 2020
    LaVernia TX
    The more I think about these props, the more my little brain hurts.

Can't someone just tell me the best conservative choices for each of them?!?! :facepalm:

[edit] I've searched to see if the Texas State Republican Executive Committee has explained these propositions further and I'm at a loss. Can anyone offer such a source?
    Capitol Armory ad

Last edited:

DoubleDuty

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2019
    DFW
    Proposition 4
    The Texas Legislature should end all subsidies and public services, including in-state college
    tuition and enrollment in public schools, for illegal aliens.

Sounds good on the surface, but will the schools still be required to accept illegal aliens? If so, then the school district is out the money while being force to teach the illegal immigrants.
    They would have still pay tuition they aren't getting schooled by the college for free.Thats if they don't get deported.It's another measure to discourage illegals from coming and staying in tx. Should be enacted by the entire country.

popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    Be very careful when you vote. I voted early Thurs, watched the checkmark come up on the ballot for each spot. One flipped my button push to another candidate and I corrected it. Then on the review section, Pres. box came up Nikki Haly, NOT my choice. Also showed I missed a choice. I corrected and verified my printout matched MY choices. I suggest you take a Qtip with you to vote AND a cheat sheet (most can't remember all the choices - long ballot this year). It's YOUR vote, make sure it counts the way YOU want.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    They would have still pay tuition they aren't getting schooled by the college for free.Thats if they don't get deported.It's another measure to discourage illegals from coming and staying in tx. Should be enacted by the entire country.
    No tuition for grade school.

TipBledsoe

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 28, 2020
    LaVernia TX
    Be very careful when you vote. I voted early Thurs, watched the checkmark come up on the ballot for each spot. One flipped my button push to another candidate and I corrected it. Then on the review section, Pres. box came up Nikki Haly, NOT my choice. Also showed I missed a choice. I corrected and verified my printout matched MY choices. I suggest you take a Qtip with you to vote AND a cheat sheet (most can't remember all the choices - long ballot this year). It's YOUR vote, make sure it counts the way YOU want.
    Wow! Thanks for the heads-up.

VERY IMPORTANT: Did you report the issue to anyone?

Rhino

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    DFW Area
    I'm personally against e-Verify, as it requires Federal citizenship for work, rather than state citizenship, and I've known families from Texas who don't want to "register" their children with SS or the like who's children are definitely Texas citizens and not illegals who I'd employ in a heartbeat.

Colonel

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2011
    Houston, 3rd Rock
    I'm personally against e-Verify, as it requires Federal citizenship for work, rather than state citizenship, and I've known families from Texas who don't want to "register" their children with SS or the like who's children are definitely Texas citizens and not illegals who I'd employ in a heartbeat.

huh? How does one become a “Texas citizen”?

popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    Yup, notified but we've had problems with the machines before, mis-alignment of the touchpad/screen. IIRC about 16 yrs ago. Just reminding everybody to check their vote.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    These propositions are nothing more than a survey for how politicians should pander.

It’s about what they should say to get your vote, not what they will actually do.

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    2024 Republican Primary Ballot Propositions
    Approved by the State Republican Executive Committee – December 2, 2023

Proposition 11
    Texas parents and guardians should have the right to select schools, whether public or private,
    for their children, and the funding should follow the student.
    YES
    NO

I'm all for this....as long as public schools get to play by the same rules as private schools....and TEA is completely wiped out and burned to the ground. Otherwise, this is another sham that distracts from actually SOLVING THE PROBLEMS in Texas education.

Top Bottom