• ...and so much more!
  • Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    That looks in pretty damn good condition to me. All it needs is a light coat of paint and its good. Very good price :)

Sent from my SGH-S959G using Tapatalk 2

rsayloriii

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    H-Town, TX
    What's up with the marking out of the caliber, etc. markings that come on the can? I've noticed that more and more as the time goes on. 10 years or so ago I was able to buy surplus cans that had all their original markings. Now, I rarely find a surplus can that DOESN'T have the markings blacked out.

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    I heard from a gunners mate (USN) that regulation requires they do that before they can get rid of the cans. At the armories I delt with, they were required to crush the cans and recycle them, so aquiring them was something you had to be in good with the GMs to do. I don't know how the market is being flooded with them. I can't imagine that many armorers are slipping them to the civilian market. I guess maybe some people are buying them from DRMO.

Sent from my SGH-S959G using Tapatalk 2

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    It could be that, or maybe the can crushing thing was a Navy thing but other branches don't really care? I'm not really sure. Who knows-maybe they're getting them from the reserves or national guard.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    What's up with the marking out of the caliber, etc. markings that come on the can? I've noticed that more and more as the time goes on. 10 years or so ago I was able to buy surplus cans that had all their original markings. Now, I rarely find a surplus can that DOESN'T have the markings blacked out.

Just an update.. the cans I received had all the makings on them and were not spray painted over. Perhaps because the markings may vary or some are marked out and some are not, the vendor does the spray painting over to avoid any complaints. Either way, mine were in brand new condition minus some dust. :)

TXDARKHORSE361

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    I did calc. for 1 can, showed free shipping to me.....

I did up an order for 4 and this is what it brought up.

dary3yry.jpg

u4ysu3yp.jpg

Top Bottom