ARJ Defense ad

Looking to get a Gobbler in Texas, Any advice?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sweetnsassytngal

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2023
    Tennessee
    Hey All,
    I’m a looking for a place in Texas to do some turkey hunting. I live in Tennessee and looking to start my grand slam. I don’t figure I will be able to make it this year but if your a turkey Hunter you know, it’s more than just a passion it’s more like a disease. I have limited out on Eastern for several years. I know there is not only Rio but also Merriams there in Texas and some even say Goulds also….. I’m just finding that hard to believe. I would like to hunt public land, but I figure it would be smarter for me to get a guide for the first hunt. I am almost positive I want to come to Texas and hunt before I go to Florida to hunt the Osceola. I would like to hear any advice on where to hunt public lands or best guide service as there are a lot of scams and sorry guide services that I have heard about. If anyone has land and would like to trade a hunt for hunt here in Tennessee. This gal would like to talk about it. As we got a huge population of Eastern.

MountainGirl

Happy to be here!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Ten Oaks
    LOL thanks mod for putting this in the right forum; thought I was hallucinating.
    First it was there. Then it wasn't. Then it was. :laughing:

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    Haha, given the current events and our moral collapse as a nation, this automatically came to mind when I read the gobbler title. My apologies, I see that OP is asking about a turkey. Carry on….

Attachments

• 80FBF7A6-B49A-489B-A184-633D0F781A40.png
      80FBF7A6-B49A-489B-A184-633D0F781A40.png
      1.5 MB · Views: 39

PinnedandRecessed

Allegedly
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 11, 2019
    Hays County
    Hey All,
    I’m a looking for a place in Texas to do some turkey hunting. I live in Tennessee and looking to start my grand slam. I don’t figure I will be able to make it this year but if your a turkey Hunter you know, it’s more than just a passion it’s more like a disease. I have limited out on Eastern for several years. I know there is not only Rio but also Merriams there in Texas and some even say Goulds also….. I’m just finding that hard to believe. I would like to hunt public land, but I figure it would be smarter for me to get a guide for the first hunt. I am almost positive I want to come to Texas and hunt before I go to Florida to hunt the Osceola. I would like to hear any advice on where to hunt public lands or best guide service as there are a lot of scams and sorry guide services that I have heard about. If anyone has land and would like to trade a hunt for hunt here in Tennessee. This gal would like to talk about it. As we got a huge population of Eastern.
    Public land is much more scarce down here than it is up North. Its also highly pressured. With that said, TX is enormous. Good luck.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Hey All,
    Bump this next February. If el Nino works like I expect, I might take you up on a hunt trade.

Coyote9

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 13, 2020
    Granbury Texas
    Hey All,
    Ive got some turks on my place. Rio Grands...it
    is in Wheeler County. What season? 2 hunters max!
    Will accept some fine Tennessee Whiskeys in trade ;)

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Screenshot_20230330_203609_COMMAND.jpg

Screenshot_20230324_222727_COMMAND.jpg

I'd had nice group of Tom's on my place but they were roosting on a neighbors place
    .this was taken 1 week prior to opening day.

Avoid the LBJ Grasslands near DFW (public land) they have been doing controlled burns there since 2021 and I scouted a few places 2 weeks ago and saw very little sign.

You might find a very reasonable Rio Grande guided hunt on a ranch here if you look around

NikelATX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2023
    Round Rock Texas
    View attachment 384601
    View attachment 384602

I'd had nice group of Tom's on my place but they were roosting on a neighbors place

Avoid the LBJ Grasslands near DFW (public land) they have been doing controlled burns there since 2021 and I scouted a few places 2 weeks ago and saw very little sign.

You might find a very reasonable Rio Grande guided hunt on a ranch here if you look around
    Seems like all the guided hunts are around $800 or so which to me seems like a ton of money to shoot a turkey.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Seems like all the guided hunts are around $800 or so which to me seems like a ton of money to shoot a turkey.
    I agree..I would think $500 tops for a turkey..but I'm not in that business

Eastexasrick

Isn't it pretty to think so.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2022
    Naples TX.
    A while back, 6 years ago, one of our clients wanted to show appreciation so he set up a hunt for several of us with Roy Wilson at the Krooked River Ranch. It was a 3 day affair. Hogs, quail, chucker,
    and a few exotics.

He had about 6,000. acres that he owned or leased all lumped together between Lueders and Haskel. While out there I saw dozens of long beard gobblers, so I asked. At that time, a one day guided turkey hunt was $500.00.

Sweetnsassytngal

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2023
    Tennessee
    View attachment 384601
    View attachment 384602

Top Bottom