• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Outdoortexan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 22, 2012
    Shepherd, Texas
    I am in search of an operable but inexpensive SxS 12 ga.. Nothing fancy or pretty. And would prefer hammerless. But must be tight and usable. Most likely it will spend most of it's life with me in my hunter education classes.
    Guns International

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    I would check out the CZ SXS's. Reasonable prices, and good quality.

You can find a selection of them in Spring at South Texas Tripods and Feeders, Deer Blinds, Deer Feeders, Tripods

Most likely it will spend most of it's life with me in my hunter education classes.
    Don't fret, those classes are not that hard. You should be able to pass it on your second try, and not have to go again...................

Outdoortexan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 22, 2012
    Shepherd, Texas
    Don't fret, those classes are not that hard. You should be able to pass it on your second try, and not have to go again...................

What I meant was that I teach them and this is going to be one of my teaching tools for the most part. I may shoot it now and again for fun but will using it with dummy rounds mostly.

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    Why do you want a side by side? I'm just curious. I see you mentioned a teaching tool, but I really don't know why. Not a whole lot of side by sides being used nowadays.

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    Monte Carlo Toy Shotgun, Shooting Toys, Games & Toys, Hobbies : Cabela's

If your young hunter isn't quite ready for his own shotgun, he can take the next best thing - a Monte Carlo toy shotgun. This authentic looking side-by-side toy shotgun, scaled down to 33", is a great way to learn gun handling and safety. It fires caps in the form of miniature shotgun shells.

Edison Montecarlo Toy Double Barrel Shotgun Ammo | eBay

Uh, those don't hold up real well. Got one when Orvis was selling them and gave it to a 9 year old. Pretty fragile and was broke before the ammo was gone. He did not abuse it, just tried to play with it. Would not do it again.

Outdoortexan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 22, 2012
    Shepherd, Texas
    Why do you want a side by side? I'm just curious. I see you mentioned a teaching tool, but I really don't know why. Not a whole lot of side by sides being used nowadays.
    I use my grandfathers old single shot right now to show ease of loading a 20 into a 12 and not realizing it. I was just considering using a sxs to drop one of each in at the same time.

Oh, and I just think they look cool and sound righteous when closed, lol.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    The original New England Firearms "Pardner" single shot, single barrel break-open shotguns sure made the introduction to shotgunning quite enjoyable.

My .410 has claimed at least one aggressive rattlesnake or copperhead per year over the last decade.

I don't like to shoot snakes, they do far more good than harm, but every now and then, you'll have a problem with one and have to take it out when other methods don't work.

New England and H&R later made a line of "handy rifles" that allowed the user to swap barrels of different calibers.

Don't know if they survived the recession and consolidation of firearm brands.

Top Bottom