• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    We got in our LMT .308s and I have to say, they are really nice guns. Typical bland exterior finishing, but the gun itself has a 1:10 barrel, monolithic railed upper, removable irons, and one hell of a factory trigger (2-Stage with ZERO Overtravel and a 3.5 - 4.0# pull weight).

I'm thinking it's the cheaper cousin to the KAC SR25, having handled both.

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    The LMT's use gas impingement? For a few dollars more get a POF with a piston upper, they don't need cleaning or lubrication. Impressive stuff.

I like the look of the LMT's, and I thought I heard that the British forces gave them a contract, so they must be pretty good. The monolithic rail is a beauty.

Enjoy it! Post your target when you get a chance, so I can drool a little... The Brit's bought them for their marksmen.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    LMT and KAC worked to produce this gun. It will be offered in a 5R 1:11.25 twist barrel, and in other calibers.

I would buy an LMT over anything POF makes in a heartbeat. Not only are they cheaper, but they are better built.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    The piston adds nothing but weight and complexity. It's a marksman rifle, you're going to lose accuracy well before the rifle gets dirty enough to start malfunctioning.

Piston uppers are such a waste of money... For the civilian shooter, they bring absolutely nothing to the table. They can, however, reduce accuracy by causing barrel flex.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Piston uppers are such a waste of money... For the civilian shooter, they bring absolutely nothing to the table. They can, however, reduce accuracy by causing barrel flex.

In full-auto fire maybe. The piston slapping back in place creates a harmonic, but is short-lived compared to the firing event.

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    I am loving my LM308MWS. When you say LMT and KAC worked together on it, you're not kidding....the lower is an SR-25 lower with the LMT logo. I am anxiously awaiting the release of the 5R barrel, but LMT has told me it'll be a while. I'm guessing at least 3 more months probably longer.

They have also updated the bolt carrier to allow for more options for aftermarket trigger. My rifle was in the first batch of 100, so I have the original carrier. The trigger is so nice that I don't feel the need to change it out, but i'll get the new one when they are available....nothing wrong with having spare parts.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    If anything, I'd polish the trigger. That'd drop the pull weight down a wee-bit and really let it shine, but the gun is so heavy that a 4# pull is certainly not going to affect it much.

I like it ... and frankly ... I'd love to own one, but I don't need to be spending $2000 on a gun right now.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    In full-auto fire maybe. The piston slapping back in place creates a harmonic, but is short-lived compared to the firing event.

I had a higher-end barrel maker show me how it works with that math stuff. What it boils down to is that when the gas starts pushing on the piston back, it's also pushing forward against the gas block, pushing the barrel downward. DI guns can be as accurate (possibly more so) as bolt guns. Piston guns apparently can't. They can be accurate, just not as accurate.

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    I had a higher-end barrel maker show me how it works with that math stuff. What it boils down to is that when the gas starts pushing on the piston back, it's also pushing forward against the gas block, pushing the barrel downward. DI guns can be as accurate (possibly more so) as bolt guns. Piston guns apparently can't. They can be accurate, just not as accurate.

Both of them are more accurate than I have the ability to differentiate.
    The LMT is an awesome looking gun, you should enjoy it immensely.

The only comparison that I can personally make is my FAL (piston) vs my Bushmaster Varminter (DI). The Bushy is filthy after a day at the range, but the FAL looks like it could keep on going. They both get cleaned, so I can't really say long term if it is a problem.

WhoDat

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2010
    Austin, TX
    Something like what we see about 4 minutes into this video?

YouTube - ‪M16 vs AK47 (1)‬‎

Top Bottom