• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    I sat here and read all 11 pages. And the world has not changed. If you are an A-hole or you encounter a Cop that is an A-hole, somebody is going to jail. A million years ago we called it getting POPed. (Pissing Off the Police)
    It's no wonder respect for Law Enforcement continues to decline. Even less respect for Lawmakers. Crappy open carry law because it Pissed Off Patrick. Its all a question of what the definition of is, is?

Last edited:

lsadfjlakjdfwalk

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 3, 2016
    I think I should rephrase it
    1) is pepper spray prohibited at capitol/government buildings?
    2) anyone has actual experience with it?

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Pepper spray in a small commercially available dispenser is not regulated by law.

But what is that definition? I have an acquaintance who was arrested on 6th Street in Austin a few years ago for having a standard sized can of MK 4. The prosecutor decided to pursue it. Cost him $5,000 in lawyer fees and purchasing OC from multiple vendors all over the city in sizes from keychain to the big "bear" cans with receipts to have his lawyer convince the prosecutor to dismiss the charge.

Moral is, don't be a drunk retard, and you won't find yourself out a bunch of money on a bullshit felony charge.

pharmaco

Give me those potatoes
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Round Rock
    But what is that definition? I have an acquaintance who was arrested on 6th Street in Austin a few years ago for having a standard sized can of MK 4. The prosecutor decided to pursue it. Cost him $5,000 in lawyer fees and purchasing OC from multiple vendors all over the city in sizes from keychain to the big "bear" cans with receipts to have his lawyer convince the prosecutor to dismiss the charge.

Moral is, don't be a drunk retard, and you won't find yourself out a bunch of money on a bullshit felony charge.

Hey, just a few pages ago it was only $2500! :D
    (Just kidding)

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Hey, just a few pages ago it was only $2500! :D
    (Just kidding)
    So I did, lol. Memory is a funny thing. Moron gets arrested on a regular basis for stupid shit. And I guess it had to be at least 10 years ago( as the post I first mentioned it in was 8 years ago) he was arrested and not a few. Wow, where does the time go.......

pharmaco

Give me those potatoes
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Round Rock
    So I did, lol. Memory is a funny thing. Moron gets arrested on a regular basis for stupid shit. And I guess it had to be at least 10 years ago( as the post I first mentioned it in was 8 years ago) he was arrested and not a few. Wow, where does the time go.......

Eh, I mean with Austin pricing I bet you could call it even. lol.

Funny thing... I was stopped at sheremetyevo airport with a 4.3oz "Magnum" can of Sabre Red pepper spray and a smaller gel can in my luggage.
    I gave the bigass cop in the suit the smaller can I had as a "souvenir" and he let me go on my merry way.

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    i'm agree with using pepper spray as a first line of defense and if legal in Texas.. thats very helpfull actually for woman..
    o.png

Situationally, yes. Other times, you're burning seconds you might need for a presentation of deadly force.

A.Texas.Yankee

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    NTX
    I've heard mixed things about OC sprays from various sources (LEO, personal defense trainers, interwebs, etc.). Jury is out on whether or not it's a positive or placebo. I guess it's better than nothing.

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    Having been sprayed full-face with OC fog as part of training I joke that if given a choice between OC and being shot I'll do whatever it takes to get shot. It was horrible.

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    I've heard mixed things about OC sprays from various sources (LEO, personal defense trainers, interwebs, etc.). Jury is out on whether or not it's a positive or placebo. I guess it's better than nothing.

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

I've been on both ends of OC. It works as advertised, while decreasing chances of injury to victim and aggressor. It is a great tool to carry.

Top Bottom