• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tehgruu

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2009
    Waco
    I just picked one up last Friday. It's in 9mm and takes the Glock mags. So far I haven't been able to shoot it yet, but I am sure looking forward to it. Folding in half definately adds to the coolness factor. Since I live in the city I think it would be a decent SHTF gun since I gave the AK back to my buddy after his return from California. The fact that 9mm is cheap to shoot is a plus too. Anyway, just thought I would drop a line about my newest purchase.

-Gruu

Tehgruu

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2009
    Waco
    Some pics

S2K001.jpg

S2K002.jpg

S2K003.jpg

S2K004.jpg

30+GSXR

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    yes - that is nice. I also have a Glock G19 and I want one of those that will accept the same magazine.
    Have fun with that gun & be safe :)

Tehgruu

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2009
    Waco
    Thanks! Well, there's a couple of options. They make one for the G19 mags specifically but they are hard to find. What some people do is get the G17 version and cut the grip down some so it will accept the G19 mags.

-Gruu

Tehgruu

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2009
    Waco
    Will do. Bear with me though, it may be another week or two before I'm able to hit the range. I've been putting in a lot of extra hours here lately. Lol, I have 2 guns to break in now. I picked up and LCP about 3 weeks or so ago that I still haven't shot yet too. I even have 150 rounds of .380 for it!

-Gruu

Tehgruu

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2009
    Waco
    Lol, I'm not either. I've been putting in a lot of overtime and have been burnt out. It's about a 30 minute drive to the range one way. I would test it out in the back yard but I don't think the neighbors or the fuzz would be too cool with that. Anyway, from what I read it's normal for them to require a little over 200 rounds some times to break it so I'm going to take around 300 rounds to the range when I go. I also read that the 10 round mag that comes with it isn't so good. I checked the followers on the new mags I got and the one that came with it and they are different. I'll try it out too.

-Gruu

Adionik

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    san antonio
    Lol yeah I wish I had some land in the country to say to hell with the local ranges.

I started looking more and more into these guns. I'm gonna try to get my hands on one. CDNN has them for $299 and I see a few on gunbroker with 33rd mags for not much more.

I figure get one before they're banned...

Tehgruu

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2009
    Waco
    Yeah, having access to private land is always better than going to a paid range. The only person you have to worry about doing something stupid is yourself. Plus rapid fire and what have you is not an issue either. Good luck on tracking down your subbie! I just happened to come accross one right after I got the itch.

-Gruu

Adionik

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    san antonio
    Haha yeah they got mad at me at a place to shoot for rapid firing. Do they think i'm really going to wait 4 seconds inbetween shots if i'm getting robbed?

Post up pics of the subby

Texas Patriot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Spring
    I've got one in the Beretta mag configuration and love it. They are surprisingly accurate. I have some 20 and 30 round mags that work just fine in mine. Makes it a neat little truck/car gun when I get in the mood to take it along. You might think about getting on Kel-Tec's web site and look into getting their soft side carry case for it. I keep mine in one and it is a nice discreet way to carry your new toy.

Tehgruu

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2009
    Waco
    Well, I finally made it out to the range today. Lol, 350 rounds later and I'm a little wore out. I was breaking in the Kel Tec and my LCP. Both worked really well. I only had one FTE and that was with the LCP. That's not too bad out of 150 rounds of UMC. The case got a nice little dent, but the next 70 rounds were flawless through it. I read on the Kel Tec forum that the SUBs have a 300 or so round break in and people complained of frequent jams unless they were using 124 grains during the break in. Well, I fired 150 rounds of WWB 115 gr from Wal-Mart and had ZERO issues of any kind. It just ran and ran. I was using the current gen glock 33 round mags. Here's a couple of pics. Now, a disclaimer. I haven't shot a rifle in about 5 years or so. I also don't have the best eyesight. I have no problem hitting an object, but the accuracy targets give me trouble. It very hot too so I was constantly having to wipe sweat from my eyes. Well, enough excuses, here's my best two from 25 yards. The rifle is more sccurate than I am. I can only think of one remedy. MORE RANGE TIME!!! But yeah man, these little carbines are a blast. Good luck in your search. Lol, read the Kel Tec owners group forum before you field strip it though. Getting the bolt back in can be a pain, literaly. I managed to split my middle fingernail down the middle getting it back in.

Range001.jpg

Range002.jpg

Top Bottom