• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    As long as you don't exceed the angle of the dangle, or the square of the hair, and protect the diode connected to the trunnion there should be no issue, except for excessive moisture arising from normal aspiration.

Be well.

Angered_Kabar

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Kansas City :(
    I think the biggest problem you might have is saying something important in the five or so seconds after you stop shooting. The audio sometimes doesn't pick up normal conversation volume for that short period of time.

TwoOneOh

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2011
    San Antonio
    The audio certainly will not damage the microphone as the input is all digital, but that's not say that the audio will be clear. Microphones on camcorders (actually all microphones) have a maximum dB that they will record before reproducing mainly distortion. I don't know how serious you are about recording but you could always pick up a an portable digital audio recorder (i.e. Zoom is the first that comes to mind) and record audio separately from a higher quality microphone. Also i believe Sony makes external microphones that can be attached to the camera in which you could add a RedHead to help muffle the high dB from a gunshot, to what degree it would reduce i really don't know. Hope this information helps!

-TwoOneOh

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Newer cameras have attenuation built into them, you can also manually adjust attenuation if you're trying to lower gunfire down into an acceptable range so you can hear variations but you'll have to wear a body mic and talk loudly into it to pick up voice. Ultimately, microphones aren't suited for picking up loud impulse noise that guns produce, the range typically only goes up to 120 - 125 dB where it'd take a suppressor or alot of distance to not peak. Even so, a suppressed handgun is around 120 - 130 dB.

Top Bottom