Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Portland, TX

Iamntxhunter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2014
    Cornyn and Mitch McConnell (sp) crossed the isle and voted with the Democrats over the debt limit extension when they didn't have enough votes in their own party.

Cornyn will pay a political price for this. Have you noticed how many ads he is already running. I want him out of office.

Sent from my VS910 4G using Tapatalk 2

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2011
    Heart of Texas
    Let's kick the RINO turkey OUT!!! The only problem is that there are 3 republicans in the primary. I admire a guy like Dwayne Stovall for trying, but what experience does he have? Steve Stockman is a sitting US Congressman willing to bet his seat in the house. 3 candidates in one primary is 1 too many, IMO. New blood is always good but maybe Stovall should think about a run for the congress first. I'd never heard of him until he was mentioned here in another thread. I don't know everything about Stockman either except that he is a member of the Tea Party and he has greater name recognition. Cornyn has got to go, but if Stockman and Stovall are running against each other, Cornyn will go right back to the senate.

OFFascist

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Portland, TX
    Let's kick the RINO turkey OUT!!! The only problem is that there are 3 republicans in the primary.

Actually there are more, but if all of them combined are able to keep Cornyn to under 50% of the vote then there will be a runoff, that is how we got Ted Cruz. In that case then Stockman and Stovall are only competing against each other to see who goes up against Cornyn.

FWIW here is a good interview with Stovall.
    Interview with Dwayne Stovall, Candidate for U.S. Senate (Texas) - Hardhatters - YouTube

Dash Riprock

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Austin
    I've defended Cornyn here in the past but I think this might have tipped it for me. I've read too much bat-guano craziness about Stockman and would have a hard time voting for him. I wasn't even aware there was a third candidate but will certainly look into this Stovall guy. Thank you for posting.

btw, afaik Ted Cruz had never been elected to office before he ran for Senate, either.

1slow01Z71

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Kyle
    I like a lot of what Stockman has to say but with thr way he has ran his campaign I wont vote for him. I want to elect someone who is very stable, stable is not the adjective I'd use to deacribe Stockman.

Reaper277

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2013
    I like JC's radio adds talking about he's against everything, and then he votes along with the dems on all the big stuff. His claims that it's a difference on tactics is getting old.

Ill check into Stovall thanks!

BG1960

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Unincorporated East Harris County
    every time those ads come on for Big John Cornyn I want to puke. the only thing that keeps me from breaking the steering wheel in half is the fact Big John is desperately pouring out money to convince Texans how conservative he is. HE knows he's a Whitehouse Porch Puppy. Ain't a lot of things I look forward to, but I look forward to voting against the damned RINO every last time he shows up on my ballot.

XinTX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 29, 2010
    South of Houston
    I haven't been a fan of Cornyn for quite a while. Hopefully he won't reach the 50% threshold and there will be a runoff. But Cornyn does have a HUGE campaign war chest. He can easily outspend any opponent out there.

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2011
    Heart of Texas
    Well, Ted Cruz was solicitor general for the state of Texas so it wasn't like he had no experience. I'll look into Stovall, but my bigger conern is that he'll just distract us from what needs to be done with the highest priority, and that's getting Cornyn out of the senate. As far as Stockman's negatives, you've got to realize that a lot of that is coming from the Cornyn camp. The Tea Party as well as the Campaign for Liberty are firmly behind Stockman. If we second amendment activists don't get behind an electable contender, neither Stockman nor Stovall will unseat Cornyn. I could care less about any run-ff nonsense, we got lucky with Ted Cruz. Obviously, Cornyn, with is vote to pass the budget, AGAIN, and stab Ted Cruz in the back, AGAIN, has struck some kind of deal with the democommies to prevent them actively promoting a democommie challenger in Texas. Cornyn needs to be unseated on March 4th!

If there's a run-off (at best) we'll get 6 more years of Cornyn! Ted Cruz did not run against an incumbent senator! He ran for the seat vacated by Kay Bailey Hutchison and that's a damn sight different. I know this about Stockman: he's voted against every budget passage that didn't include budget cuts and that's been all of them! Not only has he voted Pro-Gun, he's a strong advocate of the 2nd amendment with a RECORD to prove it. So, what's Stovall's record? Excuse me for being skeptical, but I smell a RAT here. Do you guys believe it's beyond the democommies to promote a 3rd challenger to put Cornyn back in as Senate Minority Whip where he's a proven RINO and friend to the democommie regime???

Last edited:

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    You cannot run for a Senate office unless you have millions of dollars.

When a candidate has lots of cash, follow the money.

If we repealed the 17th amendment, there would be no campaigning for the Senate.

The State Legislature would pick two Senators to represent the State, just as our Founding Fathers intended.

hard eight

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2013
    Richardson
    every time those ads come on for Big John Cornyn I want to puke. the only thing that keeps me from breaking the steering wheel in half is the fact Big John is desperately pouring out money to convince Texans how conservative he is. HE knows he's a Whitehouse Porch Puppy. Ain't a lot of things I look forward to, but I look forward to voting against the damned RINO every last time he shows up on my ballot.

Ditto. Corn another McCain already.

Sent from my ME172V using Tapatalk

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    I'm convinced that an democrat Alien abducted Cornyn and voted in his place.

After all the tough guy conservative who they talk about in his gut of campaign commercials would have filibustered right after Cruz got done...

;)

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2011
    Heart of Texas
    Great news, guys. I just saw an independent conservative poll that shows Steve Stockman getting ever closer to Cornyn by the day. Stockman has only been in the race for 90 days and is giving up his seat in congress to oppose Cornyn. Like many of you, I believe Dwayne Stovall is a very solid guy, but he has no experience where Stockman has an established record of voting as a US Congressman. Personally, I want to see Cornyn defeated on March 4th so we can really celebrate on St. Patrick's day. Stockman will be a great partner to Sen. Cruz and has Tea Party support. While Ted Cruz won his senate seat after a run-off against David Dewhurst, that's far different, IMO, than running against a sitting US Senator. Many uninformed conservative voters will simply vote straight republican ticket and that will put Cornyn back into the senate. If we unite behind the electable opposition candidate, we CAN defeat John Cornyn on March 4th!

Top Bottom