• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Are you coming to the TGT Austin OC Lunch?

• Total voters

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    So after discussion with the lunch crew today, Smokey Mo's @ Seward Junction (near Liberty Hill) is likely to be our spot, followed by some shootin' at Best of the West!

It's a little ways out of Austin proper (but not a bad drive up 183A), but amenable to us and makes it into a range day.

Given that it's the morning after New Year's Eve, how about we say 11:30 instead of 11:00. For some, lunch... for others, brunch! :)

BotW IS open that day - confirmed!

Last edited:

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    So after discussion with the lunch crew today, Smokey Mo's @ Seward Junction (near Liberty Hill) is likely to be our spot, followed by some shootin' at Best of the West!

It's a little ways out of Austin proper (but not a bad drive up 183A), but amenable to us and makes it into a range day.

Given that it's the morning after New Year's Eve, how about we say 11:30 instead of 11:00. For some, lunch... for others, brunch! :)

BotW IS open that day - confirmed!

If you would, name the places that did not get back to you, and or, said no.
    Discriminating diners want to know.

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    If you would, name the places that did not get back to you, and or, said no.
    Discriminating diners want to know.

Rudy's @ 183 (spoke with Dan, the night manager, who took my information but never returned any additional information) - didn't believe they'd be posting, but wasn't 100% sure

Mighty Fine - don't remember who I spoke with, but they took my information for a GM to call me back. Never happened.

Conversation was "Since Open Carry becomes legal on 1/1, we'd like to have our Friday group lunch here again that day - we've been in the past, but always concealed - and didn't want anyone to panic, freak out, etc. We're not those guys on TV, not activists, not doing a demonstration, etc. Just guys having lunch, some of whom will be openly carrying since it'll be legal. We just wanted to make sure you wouldn't be posting (or asking folks to leave) before we planned the lunch."

BRD@66

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2014
    Liberty Hill
    I plan to be there. In case it's relevant, Ken is the mgr. I made positive contact with & he said he would not be working 01/01/16. Did you (MR) get back with Smokey Mo's, or should I, or...

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    I plan to be there. In case it's relevant, Ken is the mgr. I made positive contact with & he said he would not be working 01/01/16. Did you (MR) get back with Smokey Mo's, or should I, or...

I didn't. He's off today, but I'm good with what we've got so far. If you want to reach out, that'd be great!

BRD@66

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2014
    Liberty Hill
    I stopped by Smokey Mo's in Liberty Hill (actually on US183 between the South San Gabriel River and the intersection of TX29) this evening. I talked to Manager Peitra who went to the back office & talked with the mgr Ken. She came back & said we are GTG on NY day. I gave her a guestimate of 6-10 people & she said no problem.

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    I stopped by Smokey Mo's in Liberty Hill (actually on US183 between the South San Gabriel River and the intersection of TX29) this evening. I talked to Manager Peitra who went to the back office & talked with the mgr Ken. She came back & said we are GTG on NY day. I gave her a guestimate of 6-10 people & she said no problem.

Awesome. Your BBQ is on me for the legwork. :)

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    In my personal opinion, (which doesn't mean shit), a drop-leg holster attached to the belt, is a belt holster with additional support. Were I on a jury on a case that involved this issue, I'd vote it was a belt holster. That said, I, personally will probably never open carry. :green:

Last edited:

Armybrat

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Think anybody would notice?

72f3538342dad8b01cc8b52c0e870f7fb6982d4.jpg

Armybrat

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    In my personal opinion, (which doesn't mean shit), a drop-leg holster attached to the belt, is a belt holster with additional support. Were I on a jury on a case that involve this issue, I'd vote it was a belt holster. That said, I, personally will probably never open carry. :green:
    I don't plan to except traveling out to family property, and that would include stopping by the Bluebonnet Café for some cfs. In that case I'd be totin' my new Ruger Super Blackhawk .44 Mag.

e713534f4b1bdde61fceb3e2013b53aad255a86.jpg

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    So, big ass wheel gun or 1911? I would typically lean toward big ass wheel gun but "someone" went and bought a 460 which would win the measuring contest;) against the .454.

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    it was not real clear but the officer on the Round Rock question and answer about Open Carry said that he would not consider a clip on a holster. They have to draw the line at some point or someone will put a gun in a plastic bag oh his belt and call it a holster.

Now he may have been talking about where you actually just put a clip onto the gun but it was not real clear. He also said drop legs as long as it attaches to the belt should be fine.

Think anybody would notice?

72f3538342dad8b01cc8b52c0e870f7fb6982d4.jpg

Armybrat

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Well, if I clipped that NAA Mini to my belt, the spare tire would roll over & conceal it anyway. So the question about that one is really moot.

Top Bottom