Hurley's Gold

Is America Heading Towards Another Civil War?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pops1955

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    All of you need to read a series of books by Glen Tate called: 299 Days.
    About as realistic a scenario as any I have studied. Bottom line is this, in my opinion, any free society that has those freedoms usurped, either slowly or quickly, will eventually react with civil unrest. If we do not turn it around with the ballot box, we will have to fight it out on the field of battle.

On another note, the left cannot allow Texas to succeed. We have the lions share of resources AND military complex. We are armed militia to support our country and/or protect ourselves from our government.

If you have not read the 299 Days series you should. It will give you an entirely different perspective and make you think things through in a different way.

C_Hallbert

Color Commentator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2017
    McAlester, OK
    About as realistic a scenario as any I have studied. Bottom line is this, in my opinion, any free society that has those freedoms usurped, either slowly or quickly, will eventually react with civil unrest. If we do not turn it around with the ballot box, we will have to fight it out on the field of battle.

On another note, the left cannot allow Texas to succeed. We have the lions share of resources AND military complex. We are armed militia to support our country and/or protect ourselves from our government.

If you have not read the 299 Days series you should. It will give you an entirely different perspective and make you think things through in a different way.

Texas remains a bastion of freedom and patriotism, but its voting demographics has shifted Left with high population centers in Austin, Houston and Dallas. If the trend is not reversed, Texas will change its color from Red White and Blue to Blue. I will render assistance here in Oklahoma, as I am able, to patriot refugees attempting to escape the inevitable approaching tyranny.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

birddog

bullshit meter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    nunya
    ngeles Basin0
    candcallen,

Even easier than gunfire & likely to cause more severe & difficult to restore damage to infrastructure is using homemade explosive/incendiary devices and/or simple arson.

yours, satx

Like Fuel Oil exploxives?

birddog

bullshit meter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    nunya

I've read it.

If the site is still up I know where you can get it gratis.

birddog

bullshit meter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    nunya
    2. The vast majority of Americans don’t think for themselves, much less think critically. The news/media racket can, and to a certain degree, has an out-sized influence.* I submit Idiocracy and Ready Player One as examples of what could be in less than four generations. The counter to this argument is the underlying business model can be kept in check by advertisers.

3. It was not FEMA’s responsibility to evacuate the bathtub of New Orleans prior to a Cat 5 Hurricane. Directly, no, Administratively, yes. But that a deflection of the question as asked.

Focusing of evacuation and nothing more deflects focus from one of widespread mismanagement to one specific element that in the totality of what occurred, was catostophic.their responsibility, They have congressional mandate for oversight and preemptive authorighty of control of relief efforts. Yet they failed to ompetently execute their mission. And have done so time and time again. Thats Congress and GAO's opinion.

FEMA's responsibilities extend far beyond obtaining and coordinating relief efforts. They failed to execute their varied mission ojectives adequatley, if at all. Including objecives they were responsibility for. (read thru the llinded documents)

4. An uninformed, apathetic, or disengaged public leads politicians being elected because of populist sound bites, resulting in federal judges being appointed by the winner of a popularity contest. As for LEOs, we already see the disengagement of LEOs due to public perception, political pressure, and demand exceeding supply. At some point, the basic safety net of local LE becomes non-existent and pseudo-anarchy rules. In some areas, that has already occurred.

In the end, all matters are inherently local, and locals will determine what is/isn’t acceptable. If it’s on TV, but doesn’t correlate to the conditions “in my backyard”, then most people simply choose not to believe it.

dont read, its unfinished but work called.

Ozzman

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 17, 2015
    El Paso, Texas
    In my opinion... it has already started.

With all the current political turmoil, erosion of public trust in the media, and the common occurrence of mass shootings: how can we say it hasn't?

The next civil war will not be fought like it was in the 1860's. The days of infantry lining up in a row walking towards their opponent are over.. There will be a lot of "lone wolfs" and wannabe neighborhood fire teams creating skirmishes here and there, and most of it will not go reported.

The majority of the populace will simply be ok with the government ultimately taking all of our rights slowly away and WE (us gun owners) cannot and will not do much to stop it beyond our front door. HERE IS WHY:

1.) Let's face it, the fact IS there are many that will not put up a fight and risk the comforts of home. The next generation of kids are brainwashed with liberal/SJW ideals and are "weenies" compared to when we were raised... sadly, that trend will continue to ramp up. To say the populace (the militia) is strong, is a overstatement IMO.

and

2.) We are all tied up in the digital system they have created. I read the following in an article earlier this year: if you have a bank account, mortgage, credit card, etc... they already have you where they want you. Here is a false scenario that may happen, what if a left leaning WH and left leaning SCOTUS establishes an executive order into law stating that all firearms shall be turned in immediately. Obviously it oversteps the 2nd amendment, but WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO ABOUT IT?... Not comply or take to social media and whine?... fine they simply freeze your assets, wealth, and comforts of home until you eventually comply. In the protection of yourself and your family, this almost guarantees you will willingly relinquish your arms. It's a scary thought, and pure hyperbole but think about it.

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    In my opinion... it has already started.

With all the current political turmoil, erosion of public trust in the media, and the common occurrence of mass shootings: how can we say it hasn't?

The next civil war will not be fought like it was in the 1860's. The days of infantry lining up in a row walking towards their opponent are over.. There will be a lot of "lone wolfs" and wannabe neighborhood fire teams creating skirmishes here and there, and most of it will not go reported.

The majority of the populace will simply be ok with the government ultimately taking all of our rights slowly away and WE (us gun owners) cannot and will not do much to stop it beyond our front door. HERE IS WHY:

1.) Let's face it, the fact IS there are many that will not put up a fight and risk the comforts of home. The next generation of kids are brainwashed with liberal/SJW ideals and are "weenies" compared to when we were raised... sadly, that trend will continue to ramp up. To say the populace (the militia) is strong, is a overstatement IMO.

and

2.) We are all tied up in the digital system they have created. I read the following in an article earlier this year: if you have a bank account, mortgage, credit card, etc... they already have you where they want you. Here is a false scenario that may happen, what if a left leaning WH and left leaning SCOTUS establishes an executive order into law stating that all firearms shall be turned in immediately. Obviously it oversteps the 2nd amendment, but WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO ABOUT IT?... Not comply or take to social media and whine?... fine they simply freeze your assets, wealth, and comforts of home until you eventually comply. In the protection of yourself and your family, this almost guarantees you will willingly relinquish your arms. It's a scary thought, and pure hyperbole but think about it.

Agreed on your 2nd point.
    What I figure they'll do is prohibit inheriting or gifting firearms, forcing all firearms to be forfeited to the .gov when the when the original legal owner passes away.
    Turn them in and you'll be left alone. Possibly even paid $ for them to entice compliance.
    Not doing so will bring the Man into your life big time. Think major IRS type of audit of your home. Financially punishing you if you do not comply.
    Imprisoning non-compliance costs too much. Would take up too many resources.
    Within two or three generations they'll have most of them.

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    This kind of stuff is why the black market thrives. The Government tried to ban alcohol. Americans are very good at avoiding government over reach. If they try to ban guns, more people will just become “criminals” to preserve their rights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

True to a point.
    It isn't the 1920's anymore. You can't really hide.
    Today the have you neatly categorized via computer.
    All your on-line activity, banking, traveling(On-Star, etc), cell phone activity, every doctor visit, prescription, tax records, property, etc.
    They know all about you.
    If they decide to come down on you, you aren't going to be able to do shit. You'll comply or lose everything.
    Sure, there may be a few who hold out but the .gov will wait them out. Kicking in doors is messy and expensive.
    Old men don't fight. They sit at home and bitch.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    You can't make a criminal act law unless you change the law. If Trump signed an executive action telling Americans to turn in their guns. I don't think that most gun owners will comply, and yes, that will escalate violence very quickly.

Now if you are saying that the democrats take over the government and then proceed to change the amount of seats in the Supreme Court, people will see where that is going and start to take action long before they get around to taking our guns.

Resistance often starts small and then snowballs.

If you have a defeatist attitude, then you've already lost.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    On the confiscating guns I'd like to ask a couple questions though:

1. How many privately owned guns are registered in Texas?

2. How many privately owned guns are estimated to be in Texas?

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW

ZERO

OVER 2 MILLION

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.

Point I was trying to make, who would be spending big bucks on guns (collectors items) after they are confiscated?

And how would you advertise them?

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Well, believe it or not many sites say that Texas has the most registered civilian guns in the United States. Although I'm not sure where they got that data or when that data was last updated, I keep finding numbers over 588,000.

As far as estimated, and I say estimated because nobody knows for sure how many, I find numbers between 20,000,000 and 25,000,000.

Top Bottom