0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2016
    Kingsbury

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    I am pretty sure the government has profilers who can guess how foreign heads of state or military leaders might respond. You make a prediction, if it comes true, the theory or assumptions underlying that prediction are validated. If it turns out to be false, you check your theory and assumptions and refine the model. Repeat until you are pretty good at it. This means the resulting model should be independent of who sits in the White House: Republican or Democrat. It is ridiculous that the US changes how it deals with Iran, Russia or China with every change in party in the White House. The leaders of those countries do not change very often, which means they can use the same techinques against us, with one difference: they can play one party against another.
    If you get in the same zip code as current reality, say hello. :roflsmile:

Havok1

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    US
    I am pretty sure the government has profilers who can guess how foreign heads of state or military leaders might respond. You make a prediction, if it comes true, the theory or assumptions underlying that prediction are validated. If it turns out to be false, you check your theory and assumptions and refine the model. Repeat until you are pretty good at it. This means the resulting model should be independent of who sits in the White House: Republican or Democrat. It is ridiculous that the US changes how it deals with Iran, Russia or China with every change in party in the White House. The leaders of those countries do not change very often, which means they can use the same techinques against us, with one difference: they can play one party against another.
    Welcome to American politics where personal interests supersede what’s best for the country. Iran is easy to figure out. They hate America and fund terrorists who attack Americans and our allies. It doesn’t take any fancy model to figure this out. Our current government knows everything they need to know. They’re just complicit.

Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    IMG_3873.png

Johnny Diamond

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2022
    US
    Not really he's 'their' friend, like all good Muslims they'll take him and his kind down. And Barry isn't pure enough so they'll take his kind also. Same as real commies they have their useful idiots.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

DaBull

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 19, 2021
    San Antonio, TX
    I am really hoping that all this talk about not attacking Iran directly--only its proxies in other countries--is just a smoke screen. Most countries know our capabilities, so it is tough to surprise them. All that airpower hitting Iran only would be quite a surprise for them.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    I am really hoping that all this talk about not attacking Iran directly--only its proxies in other countries--is just a smoke screen. Most countries know our capabilities, so it is tough to surprise them. All that airpower hitting Iran only would be quite a surprise for them.
    I would not hold my breath on that being a Biden smokescreen.

At this point, the element of surprise is gone. Period.

DaBull

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 19, 2021
    San Antonio, TX
    Biden: "We will defend ourselves if attacked"

Iran: Not really. Most of the time you do nothing.

Biden: "We reserve the right to respond at a time and place of our choosing"

Iran: You don't want to coordinate the time and place with us first?

Biden: There's way to fight far away inland. I know because my son Beau died doing it in Iraq. Just watch me hand the allies. I will not expand the war beyond Afghanistan!

Iran: WTF?

Press: Brilliant!!! Best economy ever and a true wartime Commander in Chief!

Johnny Diamond

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2022
    US
    I wouldn't count on it, please lord prove me wrong.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    "In a statement, U.S. Central Command (CENTCOM) said that forces conducted airstrikes on more than 85 targets in Iraq and Syria"

Almost worthless. Want it to stop? Hit Iran.

Mullahs are just laughing right now.

Best reply I saw on Twitter: "Well, I wouldn't want to be an empty warehouse in Iraq or Syria right now..." Clearly telegraphed, plenty of warning ahead of time, and the only people in any real danger...

...are US aircrews.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Dumbest response I have EVER heard. Our enemies plan ahead for Centuries. We plan for a 4 year election cycle.
    You missed the point.

We don't even plan for a four year election cycle. That is a far longer than any administration plans for.

The poster was proposing a plan that goes across administrations. While an admirable goal, that is nowhere near becoming reality. Won't happen in my lifetime.

Johnny Diamond

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2022
    US
    You missed the point.

We don't even plan for a four year election cycle. That is a far longer than any administration plans for.

The poster was proposing a plan that goes across administrations. While an admirable goal, that is nowhere near becoming reality. Won't happen in my lifetime.
    I really don't think the point was missed by anyone......many of us are vets, some of us actually can think strategically. Bomb the hell out of Tehran and things would change, and all the world would sit up and pay attention POST HASTE.

Top Bottom