• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • okie556

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Longview, TX
    So thinking about about popping for a new Ipad 2 with 3G so when we go to lakes in Arkansas for extended time can keep up with bank account....pay bills etc. Is there any worries about viruses on Ipads?? Wouldn't be on any weird sites but would be using Yahoo and Google. Any one have any ideas if virus protection software is available....or even needed?
    Venture Surplus ad

winchster

Right Wing Extremist
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Justin, TX
    I'm not a Mac fan, but no, viruses and apple don't generally happen. The iOS on the iPad is pretty tough to write a virus for. You're safe.

okie556

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Longview, TX
    Keep in mind Adobe Flash will not run on an iPad. I can't use some of the online banking features on the iPad. I could with my Windows netbook.

I have agonized over the lack of Flash Player on Ipad but I have tried my sisters Ipad at lake using the 3G feature and our bank's on line page works fine as well as my credit card company. I've found several other tablets that interested me as well as a couple of netbooks with 3G but the data plans are always a deal killer. With Ipad, AT&T has small data plan that you can stop or start on a monthly basis for $14.99 a month.....no activation fee. Looked at a good deal on older Galaxy Tab (7" model) but Verizon requires 2-year contract at $20 plus taxes a month. Other Verizon plans require $35.00 activation fee every time you start data plan up. On Netbooks.......data plans are usually $60 monthly. I would use the wifi all the time but only need the 3G about 5 months out of the year so I see nothing else out there but Ipad.

TangoUniform

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2011
    Ellis County, TX
    So thinking about about popping for a new Ipad 2 with 3G so when we go to lakes in Arkansas for extended time can keep up with bank account....pay bills etc. Is there any worries about viruses on Ipads?? Wouldn't be on any weird sites but would be using Yahoo and Google. Any one have any ideas if virus protection software is available....or even needed?

You have good reason to be concerned when accessing any personal financial data over the internet. Ipads have become one of the recent favorites for these dirt ball scum bucket rat-faced limp dick rotten bastards. IAW They're not very nice people.

Here's a recent event:

Hackers expose flaw in Apple iPad, iPhone software | Reuters

Yes, I would seek out an additional layer of protection.

Oh, did I mention what I think of hackers?

okie556

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Longview, TX
    You have good reason to be concerned when accessing any personal financial data over the internet. Ipads have become one of the recent favorites for these dirt ball scum bucket rat-faced limp dick rotten bastards. IAW They're not very nice people.

Here's a recent event:

Hackers expose flaw in Apple iPad, iPhone software | Reuters

Yes, I would seek out an additional layer of protection.

Oh, did I mention what I think of hackers?

Not sure what Jailbreaking is but sounds like this practice is the reason hackers are able to access and infect Ipads/Iphones/Ipods. I would never attempt to modify a new Ipad by this practice or any other that would void the warranty. Thanks for info but from what little I know.....anything you might use to access internet is subject to hackers but Ipad 2 is safer than the Dell Laptop I am currently using.

TangoUniform

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2011
    Ellis County, TX
    If you don't jailbreak iOS then there is really no way in to the system for hackers.

In this instance it has nothing to do the the user jailbreaking the device.

Unfortunately there's always a way in. It just takes a little ingenuity. The recent IOS jailbreak can be created by merely opening a PDF file. :banghead:

"
    Hackers can exploit the iOS vulnerability by creating a malicious PDF document file. It would infect Apple devices when users attempt to open that document, according to Runald.

Once the device is infected, hackers could "do anything they want," Runald said. That includes stealing passwords, documents and emails."

Top Bottom