• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shooterfpga

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    lol @ the debian pkg manager. internet explorer and microsoft are old memories. linux is where its at, i remember the first time i loaded debian 2.2r6 and was hooked. then out came gentoo, where everything had to be compiled from source, and installing something might take several hours to days to compile, AND I LOVED IT!

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    heheh working on building a gentoo box into my old xbox.

need to find a good place to buy some hardware though. these sights that sell them are usually laced with engrish, and that makes me nervous.

i remember back in the late 90s early 2000s trying to get redhat installed on my old POS systems... and then trying fedora... those damn windows specific motherboards pissed me off so much. (i was limited to pcs i could get for change at garage sales and whatever i could scavenge from computer repair shops, ISPs, and random other businesses - via dumpsterdiving.

i remember scoring a hardware driven 56k modem that way once. i was so psyched, because it was a breeze connecting linux boxes with one of those bad boys.

kinda makes me miss my old 66mhz 64mb RAM slothbox

shooterfpga

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    heheh working on building a gentoo box into my old xbox.

need to find a good place to buy some hardware though. these sights that sell them are usually laced with engrish, and that makes me nervous.

i remember back in the late 90s early 2000s trying to get redhat installed on my old POS systems... and then trying fedora... those damn windows specific motherboards pissed me off so much. (i was limited to pcs i could get for change at garage sales and whatever i could scavenge from computer repair shops, ISPs, and random other businesses - via dumpsterdiving.

i remember scoring a hardware driven 56k modem that way once. i was so psyched, because it was a breeze connecting linux boxes with one of those bad boys.

kinda makes me miss my old 66mhz 64mb RAM slothbox

oh my, really taking it back. i had a system similar to that, i thought it was blazing fast, hahahah. how times change. i run linux/unix on anything and everything i can get my hands on. i was so happy when android came out, because i didnt need to flash linux on it like i did with previous phones. ive converted routers, cable boxes, computer, phones, mp3s all to linux and i love it!

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Wolfwood

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    ruben's gameboy

6.jpg

3.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

4.jpg

Dsparil

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2009
    Houston, TX
    Anything by Microsoft is crap. Unfortunately we're forced to do most of our stuff on Microsoft crap due to monopolies and the inability of people to learn a few command lines for a terminal.

Wolfwood

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    hahha

they gotta have their WIMPs (Windows Icons Mice and Pointers)

i like WIMP better than GUI

Top Bottom