DK Firearms

In light of FB's hatred of guns, GOTR is creating a presence on Pheed.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    I think the hardest part is going to get a major following over there. Remember when Google tried launching Google Plus? It was a joke because everyone was comfortable with FB. Now Google has to force you to sign up for a Google Plus account if you want to do anything other than search around on Google.

gcmj45acp

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Houston Metro Area
    Agreed on all points but, it seems that FB will make the decision for us one way or another. Pheed looks interesting and could work, if they don't FB and/or Google it up.

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    I'm on my phone so I can't see if you have already or not-but have you thought about sponsoring TGT? No clue how much that is though. Or maybe just making a presence at all the gun ranges around you and the meetups you hear about (gun shows, group meetups, etc). I'm sure if you got some of us on board with you we could go to meetups further out from you and pass out some stickers or something.

Dredge

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    Spring
    I clicked on the link from your FB post. There's a picture of the back of a head that I am assuming is a dude. Looks like somebody that may have recently moved to Colorado for "respiratory" reasons. Time will tell about FB.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    FB is still the billion dollar social site used by hundreds of millions of people per day, or whatever the current stats are. Personally, I think it is a mistake to "jump ship". I'd make the most with what you've got on those types of sites to hedge your bets. Doesn't have to be the sole focus of course. It's kind of like all of the people in this community that refuse to use social media because they "don't want to be on a list". They're still on lists somewhere since they are alive and in this country. All it really means is that they've cut themselves off from the world and from some powerful tools to interact with more people than is possible in any other way. Work within the system.

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    FB is still the billion dollar social site used by hundreds of millions of people per day, or whatever the current stats are. Personally, I think it is a mistake to "jump ship". I'd make the most with what you've got on those types of sites to hedge your bets. Doesn't have to be the sole focus of course. It's kind of like all of the people in this community that refuse to use social media because they "don't want to be on a list". They're still on lists somewhere since they are alive and in this country. All it really means is that they've cut themselves off from the world and from some powerful tools to interact with more people than is possible in any other way. Work within the system.
    If FB is thought of as the "real" world, its a sad world indeed.

gcmj45acp

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Houston Metro Area
    We're not abandoning the FB media space just yet. I recognize its current reach but, I see no reason not to explore other options and try to reach more people or provide different options. That said, there have been some new developments in the issues that led to this decision. I've just been too busy at work the last week to deal with much of it. FWIW, here's a blog post by one of the guys whose page was shutdown by FB.

How I Almost Lost Two Years Worth of Hard Work | AR15NEWS.COM - Your AR-15 news source!

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    If FB is thought of as the "real" world, its a sad world indeed.

Like it or not, it's how the world is now, and it's a very "social" place. If people would stop trying so hard to be hermits, they'd see that this could be a useful tool to overwhelmingly influence everyone in our favor, instead of continuing to allow the government, politicians, and insane philanthropists to take advantage of those types of media to try and turn public opinion against their own civil rights.

At the beginning of this year, we did a forged AR15 lower giveaway on Facebook. With a 1 week run time of that sponsored post on Facebook, we received over 20,000 new likes on the TGT FB page. I think we received something like ~3k+ new members. The ad reached a total of something like ~1.5 MILLION people in the span of just one week! Offline, you could never possibly reach a fraction of that number without spending some serious dough, and certainly a hell of a lot more than the price of an AR lower.

It amazes me how people still don't even realize that the ONLY reason Obama even won his first presidential election is the fact that his campaign absolutely BLEW UP social media and completely destroyed McCain like it was nothing. Without that sort of "viral" following, it never would have happened for him. We can live in the past and be doomed to fail, or we can take advantage of the system from within and learn to use it better than the other side.

GRAYWOLF

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2012
    Don't forget the part about McCain not being much of an alternative...definitely not enough to bring out R voters.

Top Bottom