• ...and so much more!
  • Clockwork

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    Hey folks!

I've been looking of an active gun forum that has members who aren't complete lunatics. Thought I had lucked out when I found glocktalk.com. I registered for the site, waited several days for them to validate the account (I guess security is a big issue there) and quickly went about getting involved in the forum community. The freaking loonies on that website completely went off on me for having a picture of Che Guevara as an avatar. Called me a Communist. Insulted my military service. Things like that. Anyway! They banned me for them flaming me without so much as simply asking me to change the silly avatar to something that wouldn't piss them all off. Really cut me deep, you know? I had been looking forward to that account being validated all week long and they ended up banning me within a few hours.

*sighs*

Well I'd just like to say that I am actually a very level-headed moderate NOT a freakin' commie, and I suppose a picture of Alex DeLarge from Clockwork Orange will hopefully not send people on this forum into a frenzy.

More to introductions, my name is Matt. I live in the San Antonio area and I hope that the people on this forum aren't lunatics. :)

Edit: Wow, I totally left out so many things I'd like to say! Sorry for that, guys. I'm a proud owner of a Glock 30 which I intend to pursue a concealed weapons permit with. I have a rather silly-long wish list right now for some guns that I'd like to buy. I still want a G21 and G22, Kimber 1911 SIS Custom, Mossberg 590A1, Saiga-12, Stag Arms Model 8 and H&K XM8 if that's even possible. My desires have outgrown my income, it would seem. ;) Delayed gratification and all that.

Clockwork

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    I'm active duty military and even *I* haven't met anyone that is quite so extreme right-wing as the people on the GlockTalk forum. It was a little frightening that there are people out there who are that closed-minded and quick to lash out without knowing any facts. I appreciate the warm welcome, thank you. :)

Oh yeah, one of the things they said to me when I was like "The Cold War is over, let it go." was something to the effect of... "The Cold War isn't over. Now is a civil Cold War." I was thinking "What? Been on many watch lists lately?"

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Welcome!

And who's the hottie in your avatar? ;)

And give the forum time, you'll see everyone here is actually a bunch of loonies

Clockwork

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    Welcome!

And who's the hottie in your avatar? ;)

And give the forum time, you'll see everyone here is actually a bunch of loonies
    The avatar is a young Malcolm McDowell playing Alex DeLarge in the film A Clockwork Orange. :)

clockwork_orange_eye.jpg

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Welcome aboard! We've got a purty active group of loonies here - includin' a gal that calls herself "Shorts" - keep an eye on her, because she's actually a leather freak that gits all excited when ya talk about things made outta bovine and other skins....

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Howdy Matt! I am retired USAF and also in SA, working as a contractor on Security Hill on Lackland. Unfortunately, some may brand me a lunatic but I don't give a rat's ass! I've been kicked off a few gun forums but that's life, this one is a good one and I attribute that to the fact that it is mostly populated with like-thinking Texans and not some of the bozos you find on other venues.

If you are interested, there is a SAXET show this coming weekend at the Alzafar Temple up in Stone Oak. Also, I work with the owner of Dreadnaught Industries so if you get the urge for an AR-based platform let me know because Alex will set you up right! He also does transfers for a very reasonable price, but he is on south 16 just north of Poteet so it could be a drive depending on where you are in SA (I am up near Helotes). Lastly, there is a civilian range open at Camp Bullis on most weekends that cost only $25/year to use, if you are interested PM me and I will send you the details.

And most importantly, welcome aboard!

Cheers! M2

p.s. Clockwork Orange is a great flick! It was, to quote, a "a real kick and good for laughs and lashings of the old ultraviolent!"

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    welcome aboard! We've got a purty active group of loonies here - includin' a gal that calls herself "shorts" - keep an eye on her, because she's actually a leather freak that gits all excited when ya talk about things made outta bovine and other skins....

roflmao

jimbo

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    north richland hills, texas
    Welcome. I am just one of the Texas Rednecks on this forum. We just say what we think most of the time, not to be critical but honest. We just share our feelings. I was stationed at Fort Sam Houston in SA for a short time during my Army days.
    Thank you for serving our great country.

Top Bottom