• ...and so much more!
  • TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Thanks - gotta run to Austin for a customer in the morning, so I'll sneak by and look at some 40. Just about finished w/loading out 2k of some range ammo for it, but it never hurts to have some extry!

Patrón

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2008
    San Antonio
    For all the Austinites, the walmart in Buda has had wwb value packs in 9mm ball and .40 jhp everytime ive been in there.

Thanks - gotta run to Austin for a customer in the morning, so I'll sneak by and look at some 40. Just about finished w/loading out 2k of some range ammo for it, but it never hurts to have some extry!
    speaking of buda, the cabela has shelves of ammo. i'd never seen so much ammo in one place. It's what the sportsman warehouse USE to look like.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Walmart had 3 boxes (100/box) of 380. I bought 2 of 'em. Was tempted to buy all 3, but didn't wanna take all of 'em. I'll have the parts in to be able to start reloading 'em in a week or two, so....

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Well, my youngest called today (he's a cop) and they went to the range. Turned out that some of the mfr's reps were there handing out samples. He jokingly told one of the reps (they went to school together) that I'd put him back in my will if he scored me some .40 range ammo.
    I guess I'll do it..........he says he has 10k of hardball for me, and 3k of some of their new tactical for the 40 and 45.
    So....I'm good on 40 for now. ;)

wayneside

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    Walmart had 3 boxes (100/box) of 380. I bought 2 of 'em. Was tempted to buy all 3, but didn't wanna take all of 'em. I'll have the parts in to be able to start reloading 'em in a week or two, so....

badass...i'm looking for 380 right now and its impossible to find in corpus christi. i just picked up 7 boxes of the winchester 100pack 45 though...

tju1973

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    McKinney Texas
    I just make 2 trips a week to the walmart closest to me.. i can occasionally find the 100 bricks of WWB or the 250 box of UMC.. you just gotta catch it when it arrives

I got lucky and bought the last brick of Federal bulk .22 yesterday..went back 2 hours later and they brought out 9mm WWB and Blazer brass .45acp. I bought a box of each-- Ball rounds aren't my idea of self defense rounds, but in a .45acp they work ok, and 9mm-- beats an airgun..

I just buy what I can when its out--

I am cutting down ammo types though-- .380 is too high and too hard to get, so I have gotten rid of mine-- except a HP CF380 and 300 rounds -- which is my truck gun...

tju1973

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    McKinney Texas
    Very dirty. I had a similar experience and stopped buying that crap

I find Blazer dirty, but not as much as Wolf or Remington-- I was suprised to see so much powder in my pistols after Remington bulk...

I did by some Miltary Classic 9mm for $5.50 a box (they only had 2) at the gunshow a few weeks ago, and I have some plain cardboard Russian 9MM (non corrosive) that I have shot recently that are steel cased, but shoot fairly clean---

I love Russian ammo (as a rule)...

Armybrat

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Just bought 1 box of 50 WWB .45 ($24) at the Academy in Round Rock, and two boxes of WWB 9mm for $12+ each. No .380 ammo, which I'd love to get another 300-400 rounds. Same at the Academy in Cedar Park.

Rapido

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Hillsboro
    I was looking for some .380 ammo to try out my new kel tec 3AT and guess what. . . . I can't find anything resembling a .380 auto ant wal mart, Academy, and Bass Pro. (the only thing there was .40, 10mm, and 45 GAP.)

I tried five days later, and same result.

When is this ammo craze gonna be over?!!

I couldn't find fmj or any of the expensive stuff.

I could order, but most of the sites I usually order stuff from are backordered and shipping is a pain.

Any ideas? In San Antonio.

When it is all gone.

WB5MHA

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Houston
    Natchez will take your email address and notify you as soon as whatever you want becomes available. They are reliable but you need to check your email frequently because within a few hours your 9mm, 380, 9mm Mak, 30 Carbine etc. will be gone. I check off nearly all the S+B ball they carry since I have pistols for nearly all of it, including 30 cal. Luger.

Midway takes "backorders" but I have yet to have a pistol ammo backorder filled. They do, however, have 5.56 Federal 193 in the brown craft box often. Sometimes it's even on sale.

claymore504

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Katy, TX
    .40 is starting to show up at WalMart, but .45 is gone as soon as they shelve it.

The walmart near me still has the same two boxes of 25 auto and couple boxes of 22 they had a month ago. Talked to the guy and he said people call every day all day asking when the next shipment is coming. He scaned the bar codes for 40 and 45 and showed me how the scanner tells him if the warehouse has any. if they do it will come in durring the night and people are there waiting to take it by the case, not box!!! i guess I am going to have to start doing this.

Top Bottom