• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MAJIK_BONE_77

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    Nowhere
    Most of u probably already know about the situation with Mr. Paul Copeland and his run in with the law at an Austin gun show at the beginning of this year. Mr. Copeland is about to turn himself in this wednesday for his jail sentence. There is a petition that needs signatures that is to be sent to Judge Sparks to have this case looked at again. There is no guarantee that this will work, but we need to do something, please take the time click on the link and sign the petition, it literally takes only 5 seconds to type in your name & email address. Thanks.

Sign the Free Paul Copeland Petition
    Gun Zone Deals

Rum Runner

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Plano
    1) this topic has ben covered to death in another thread.
    2) The guy in the video is VERY confused on some key facts in this case.
    3) From the facts that I am aware of, it is my opinion that even if he was set up (no facts of that that I am aware of) Copeland screwed the pooch.
    4) How does this affect my gun rights?

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    1) this topic has ben covered to death in another thread.
    2) The guy in the video is VERY confused on some key facts in this case.
    3) From the facts that I am aware of, it is my opinion that even if he was set up (no facts of that that I am aware of) Copeland screwed the pooch.
    4) How does this affect my gun rights?

4. We can't let facts keep us from worrying about the sky falling. ;)

MAJIK_BONE_77

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    Nowhere
    And it has to do with our gun rights because this case sets a very bad precident in the court system for what is or isn't a legal individual transaction, and what a seller is or isn't expected to know or what responsibility they have in regards to "qualifying" the person to determine wether or not they can sell to them. It's common sense that tells us that this case could go on to effect other responsible gun owners involved in legal private transactions.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    I have not see the facts of this case as presented to a Grand Jury and trial jury. If anyone here has I would much appperciate them posting it here.

Otherwise, all the "bad precedent" and "legal blows" are just uninformed speculation.

No offense meant to anyone

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    The great country of West Texas
    What makes me not like his conviction is the fact that the man had a Texas DL..
    If he really and truly conducted a staw purchase, I think the judge would have givin the guy more than 6 months.
    I actually think the judge went easy on the guy because of the details involved.
    Although it could have been worse, I still dont like the Idea of getting in trouble because an Illegal has a Texas DL!

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    The travesty was that the gov't could set a guy up like that and that the illegal involved was given a free pass by the same folks that claimed to be enforcing the law. Nothing with respect to the petition will do anything to change those issues. As for Copeland, he should have walked away from a deal that smelled as bad as this one.

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Doesnt our Gvnmnt have BIGGER fish to fry during these troubled times than some lil JOE NO-BODY???????? what a shame!!!!!
    Austin (and the city of Houston) are in complete agreement with any policy or legal ruling that seperates citizens from weapons and or access to them. I'd be willing to give both places to Mexico. They would be so happy in that wonderland where they need not fear legal citizens owning weapons.

Top Bottom