• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pilgrim

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    Volente
    I know this topic has been beat to death in other forums but let's try it with a different twist...

TOPIC #1:
    • If you could have only one ITEM when you're stranded on a deserted island what would it be?
    I'm talking Robinson Crusoe scenario here.

TOPIC #2:
    • If you could have only one ITEM to take with you if you could travel back to the Middle Ages what would it be?
    What do you think would help make you survive/get rich/become a leader/gain power, etc?

TOPIC #3:
    • If you could have only one ITEM to take with you if you could travel 500 years into the future what would it be?
    What do you think would stand the test of time?

Please post an answer to each of the three topics. After we get past 100 posts I'll talk to the moderators to find out how to create a list that shows the most popular items.

Have fun!
    Guns International

Pilgrim

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    Volente
    Moderators, if you think this topic should be under "Off Topic" please move it for me. Thanks and sorry if I posted it in the wrong place.

LOL, Cam. You could argue that a travel trailer is actually MULTIPLE items but I'll let ya have it. Surprised you didn't ask for a Holiday Inn

Nothing for #3?... c'mon you can think of something!

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    500 years from now Earth will either be burned to a crisp, or it's inhabitants would never leave their space, like in "Surrogates", lol.....

grumper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    Austin
    1- satellite phone with gps

2- almanac of some type. Weather or solar and lunar eclipses comets and wutnot. Yes I'll use my black magick and consume the sun tommorrow precisely at 9:17AM, if the primitives don't do my bidding.

3- bank statements showing that 500 years of compounded interest on the $5000 I deposited the day before I stepped into the time machine belongs to me. At 2.5% interest it should grow to $1,150,542,591.33

alexrex20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2011
    #1: a time machine
    #2: a time machine
    #3: a time machine

since it's all make-believe anyway...

Pilgrim

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    Volente
    1. my woman
    2. condoms

one of my favorite movies: (Bruce Campbell, Army of Darkness). they have been c-movies but they were hysterical.

LOL, I noticed that you brought your woman to the deserted island but you left her behind when you go to the Middle Ages and chose your condoms instead. Are you trying to tell us something??

makeitcount

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2012
    fort worth
    LOL, I noticed that you brought your woman to the deserted island but you left her behind in the Middle Ages and chose your condoms instead. Are you trying to tell us something??

for making profit....condoms would be the way to go. What would I need the wife for? She cant cook!

Pilgrim

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    Volente
    1. A good sized chunk of flint

2. A modern day map of all the worlds oil reserves

3. A signed photo of Ronald Reagan

Ahahahaha... I read the first two and was thinking, "Man, TXARGUY has his shit together. Good items to take with you..." then.... BOOOM... Ronald Reagan.

I fell off my chair.

alexrex20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2011
    flint? why not a propane torch with a 20lb bottle? there were no restrictions in the OP.

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    flint? why not a propane torch with a 20lb bottle? there were no restrictions in the OP.

The rule was a single item. A propane torch is a collection of items. The tank is a seperate item as would be any necessary hoses.

Flint, being a natural occurring substance would be a nice item to have as it would not be effected by weather, salt environment, etc... And can be used both to create fire, knives and arrow/spear heads.

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas

The rule was a single item. A propane torch is a collection of items. The tank is a seperate item as would be any necessary hoses.

Flint, being a natural occurring substance would be a nice item to have as it would not be effected by weather, salt environment, etc... And can be used both to create fire, knives and arrow/spear heads.

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    Ahahahaha... I read the first two and was thinking, "Man, TXARGUY has his shit together. Good items to take with you..." then.... BOOOM... Ronald Reagan.

I fell off my chair.

The way this world is headed I really have no interest in knowing what it is like 500 years in the future.

alexrex20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2011

Flint is composed of several elements and thus not a single item. It does not qualify as a single item per your logic.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    anibal79
    Top Bottom