• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • If open carry was legal, how often would you do so?

• Always (80-100% of the time I carried)

Votes: 14 18.2%
    • Sometimes (30-80% of the time I carried)

Votes: 21 27.3%
    • Rarely (1-30% of the time I carried)

• Never (0%)

• Total voters
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    OK, this thread is not to debate the issues surrounding OC; that's being done ad nauseum in the other thread. I just wanted to see when, if ever, folks on here would open carry if a law were passed in Texas allowing it.

Please feel free to further explain your vote, such as why you would OC during specific situations, if you feel it adds to do discussion.

Again, this is just to get an idea of the percentage of folks who would open carry if legal, and how often they would; as well as the percentage that wouldn't even if allowed.

Cheers! M2
    Target Sports

randmplumbingllc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    El Paso
    Did it all the time in Phoenix. When it is 100 + degrees out in the Arizona desert, you want to wear as little as possible. It is much easier to just strap on your weapon and go, not worrying if it is concealed properly.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2009
    Houston
    I've only had my CHL for only a year and carry 99% of the time, always IWB. I'm working on a pocket gun to carry the other 1% but lately with the weather cooling off I've carried a few times OWB and have been giving more thought to open carry. Since I'm still new to carry, I'm fine with concealed and prefer it but wouldn't mind the option to carry open, probably for quick and miscellaneous errands. If legal to open carry, I would probably still carry concealed the majority of the time because I prefer not to advertise.

robin303

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    Austin
    I don’t think advertising would be a good idea. It’s like white belts putting Karate stickers on their cars.

Fisherman777

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    45R
    If it were legal, I wouldn't carry a large congested town. Just my preference. It wouldn't bother me to see others doing it if they weren't misbehaving with it.

In the boonies, I would comfortable carry all of the time.

Fisherman777

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    45R
    I don’t think advertising would be a good idea. It’s like white belts putting Karate stickers on their cars.

I've seen white belts go around town wearing their black mail order grasshopper outfits on. Just advertising for trouble.

In Pigeon Forge, TN I saw a guy swinging his brand new combat chucks. He hit himself in the back of the head and knocked himself out. LOL

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    I'd open carry because it's a right not a privilege. It wouldn't be all the time. More like hanging a flag on Memorial Day or going to church on Sunday. It'd be worn as an expression of freedom.

KAK

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Waco
    In my car. On my boat. To and from the boat. Bait shops. Hunting. Walking the dog late at night.

San Antone RR

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    San Antonio
    I CC, but it would be nice not to have to make sure I was tucked in or wearing a long shirt. I know printing isn't an issue, but still would be nice. I can't see me with a cowboy rig with my Para or another one hanging off my hip, but like Matefrio said, it is my right.

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    The great country of West Texas
    This is a neat thread. It may be a shock to yall, but I actually checked "Sometimes". Honestly I started to check " Rarely" because I really dont have a desire to carry a handgun unless I feel like Im in the presence of the element that burdens us all..
    I believe that honest people should be able to make that choice for themselves. If a person decides to open carry 100% of the time, I support their decision.
    The right to keep and bare arms should only be regulated by a criminal record. Laws that prevent me from carrying firearms Do Not Prevent Crime! I have never picked up a firearm with the intention of committing a crime against anyone!
    Here's something all yall need to read, " I have neighbors who are LE and own property in multiple locations. LAW ENFORCEMENT HAS NEVER PREVENTED CRIME IN ANY OF MY LOCATIONS! It's always ME!! I have even prevented crime on my LE neighbors property several time!! One ofe them is a Lieutenant and the other is a retired U.S. Marshal..
    I always proud to do my part because I know those guy's cant do it all.
    With all that said, I really hope yall can understand when I say " Our Laws Dont Prevent Crime, the people do"!

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    In my car. On my boat. To and from the boat. Bait shops. Hunting. Walking the dog late at night.

Sorry KAK, your reply kinda reminded me of Dr Seuss' Green Eggs and Ham...in reverse!

Not in a box.
    Not with a fox.
    Not in a house.
    Not with a mouse.
    I would not eat them
    here or there.
    I would not eat them anywhere.
    I would not eat green eggs and ham.
    I do not like them, Sam-I-am.

Just kidding around, of course. I'm glad this has stayed civil, and the results so far (as well as the discussion) have been pretty interesting...

Cheers! M2

Burt Gummer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Williamson County
    I love the freedom to oc if it is legal. I will most likely never carry since my concealed gear and skills are great for my lifestyle.
    Some can argue against oc but nothing anybody says will convince the opposition. The same goes for cc. Will an opponent of concealed carry convince you that cc is bad? Not going to work with me so I won't force my opinions about it. There are quite a few calls for service I could point out related to open carry in my jurisdiction but it will fall on deaf ears.

I say, oc when it's legal and I will continue to cc and not draw attention.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom