• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    AR's are like the SUV of firearms, they can easily be configured myriad ways, each one serving a different purpose.
    Unfortunately, though they can be configured for a number of different purposes, I've never been able to configure one for all purposes...

In some ways, the simplest one is the best one!

The only mods to this Colt Sporter II are the grip and the sling.
    20220615_121708.jpg

HPFlashman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2020
    Northwest Florida
    I only know Massad Ayoob by name and reputation. Haven't read much of his writing or seen many of his videos. I always figured he was an OK guy but I had no great interest in him. I like the video and think better of the man for having watched it. I never liked the AR platform. Too many moving parts, too finicky if it gets dirty, too much of a plastic KelTec feel (that's my texture of foods affliction acting up with regard to guns). Nothing wrong with the AR or 5.56 though. My own preference is an AK or even an SKS. I kind of wish Ayoob had said, "Ditto for the AK" at the end of the video.

Dumpnpump

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 6, 2020
    My stepson gave me his AR to hold while he worked out his problems with the State of Illinois FOID system. He died at 28 years of age and the AR just sat in the back of my safe for several years. When he became of age, I passed the AR on to his son. Really, I am just as happy with my mini-14 as a home defense weapon.

jwhistler

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 22, 2014
    Arlington
    I was once told you don't need that AR-15. My answer was need has nothing to do with it. I just want it and that's enough.

45Colt

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2022
    Venus
    If asked why I WANT an AR-15 I would simply reply 'why do you ask the question?' It is none of their business, etc.

But if you want of provide a more informed reply take a listen to this video from two well informed gun guys; Ken Hackathorn and Massad Ayoob talk about the parallels between the development of personal defense and law enforcement weapons, and why the AR-15 is an entirely appropriate weapon for defending your home.

And for another take try this blog post on Red State why some folks really do NEED an AR-15 pattern rifle.

45Colt

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2022
    Venus
    If asked why I WANT an AR-15 I would simply reply 'why do you ask the question?' It is none of their business, etc.

But if you want of provide a more informed reply take a listen to this video from two well informed gun guys; Ken Hackathorn and Massad Ayoob talk about the parallels between the development of personal defense and law enforcement weapons, and why the AR-15 is an entirely appropriate weapon for defending your home.

And for another take try this blog post on Red State why some folks really do NEED an AR-15 pattern rifle.

45Colt

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2022
    Venus
    Any government or media that states that we don't need a defensive weapon (A-15), then the reply should be, "THANKS FOR THE WARNING, NOW I KNOW THAT I NEED ONE".

DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    In a related but opposite viewpoint (just so you know what liberal media promotes) *CBS '60 Minutes' says the gun of choice for mass shooters is AR-15 rifle.

For the mush brain and low-information voter this biased report (no surprise) was crafted to hit them with shock and awe. Taking advantage of the tragedy in Buffalo and Uvalde shootings this story is to advocate restricting/confiscating one's rifle(s) and ammo.

For all the reasons the ammo is demonized I sure like the caliber to defend myself and family as Ken and Massad explain.

*p.s. take the time and read the critical comments to this YouTube video
    And to put a cap on it here is a continuation of the 60 Minutes video on the 'explosive force of AR-15 style rifles'. These libs just don't ever stop demonizing a rifle and ammo. By extension now they are going after 9mm ammo and handguns in general. Remember they are coming to take your gun(s).

Attachments

• joe.jpg
      joe.jpg
      102.8 KB · Views: 69
    Top Bottom