• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    I don’t think anyone said it was criminal because of the safety rules. It was criminal because he pulled the trigger of a loaded gun and killed an innocent person.
    You cited the fact he violated "rules" to support your assertion it was criminal in your last post...

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk
    DK Firearms

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    He violated 3 of the rules that you think so little of.
    Sigh...

What does that have to do with anything? You and everyone who has cleaned a firearm has violated them too. They have no more force of law than someone in a car crash who had only one hand on the wheel rather than 2 at 10-2 or 9-3...

DoubleDuty

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2019
    DFW
    Oh really what rules did I violate? And where did I say they had force of law. I really don't know what your problem is.

wbblazer90

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2014
    Sigh...

What does that have to do with anything? You and everyone who has cleaned a firearm has violated them too. They have no more force of law than someone in a car crash who had only one hand on the wheel rather than 2 at 10-2 or 9-3...

It comes down to personal responsibility. If you are going to handle a firearm, you must verify its condition. Depend on no one else to do so, lest you be Alex Baldwin. Doesn’t matter if there is a “professional” armorer with you.

Havok1

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    US
    You cited the fact he violated "rules" to support your assertion it was criminal in your last post...

No, I cited the rules to support the point that he violated established safety rules. I already explained to you that his guilt is based on violating the law as it is written.

Lead Belly

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 25, 2022
    Lake Conroe
    Armorer’s Trial to Focus on How Live Ammunition Got on Alec Baldwin’s ‘Rust’ Set

ANTA FE, N.M. – The scheduled trial next week of a movie weapons supervisor in the fatal shooting of a cinematographer by Alec Baldwin may hinge on an enduring mystery: How did live ammunition find its way onto the set of a film set where it was expressly prohibited?

Investigators recovered six live rounds of ammunition from a box, a bandolier, a gun belt and other locations on the set of the Western movie “Rust,” including the round that killed cinematographer Halyna Hutchins and wounded director Joel Souza.

Special prosecutors say they will present “substantial evidence” at the trial that movie armorer Hannah Gutierrez-Reed unwittingly brought live rounds onto the set when she first began work on the film.

They say that includes photos showing that live rounds were present on the set days before Hutchins was killed. They also plan to present testimony that, months before the shooting, Gutierrez-Reed had looked for and purchased live .45-caliber ammunition.

“Ms. Gutierrez is not charged with intentional homicide, she is charged with homicide based on negligence,” special prosecutor Kari Morrissey said in a recent court filing. “The tragedy occurred due to a series of negligent acts given that live rounds were on set well before October 21, 2021. Her ongoing negligent acts created numerous opportunities for live rounds to go undetected.”

Gutierrez-Reed has pleaded not guilty to the involuntary manslaughter charge.

Flimsy is how her attorneys describe the evidence that she might have unknowingly brought live rounds on set, saying it falls far short of standards for prosecution.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    No, I cited the rules to support the point that he violated established safety rules. I already explained to you that his guilt is based on violating the law as it is written.
    Please break it down just a little for me.

What part of the law did he violate?

Citing a "rule" (model of behavior) that should to be relegated to history just like Dalton's Balls, does not show a violation of established safety rules, because a different "rule" was being operated under by Baldwin. Just as if a mechanic installs a tire and it falls off as you drive away killing a fellow motorist, YOU are operating under a like rule which presumes when the keys are back in your hand its safe to go without the need for you to personally inspect the tire or torque the lugs.

Its important to know what part you think was broken... I may be focusing on the wrong part

Last edited:

thescoutranch

TN Transplant - We love living in TX
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 5, 2020
    Georgetown
    The wife and I just got around to watching the police interview with Alec Baldwin. A defense lawyer’s nightmare, and a prosecutions wet dream.

I believe we’re in about 10 minutes into the interview and Alec Baldwin won’t shut up. I don’t think the interviewers have had a chance to even ask a question yet.

At one point they ask him what color the handle was and 5 minutes later, he still hasn’t answered the question.

Definitely comes off as a self important prick.

thescoutranch

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 5, 2020
    Georgetown
    Some clarifications I’ve gathered through watching the police interviews and a couple days of the armorer’s trial.

Movie terminologies differs from real World terminologies as follows.
    A “cold” gun is a gun that has that dummy (inert) rounds or nothing in the chambers.

A “hot” gun is a gun that has blanks loaded into it.

No live ammunition is ever used or present on movie sets, nowadays.

Sometimes the armors will take the actors off site to a range to let them shoot live rounds to learn the feel of it, this did not occur for this production.

The firearms, or at least the three pistols that the actors used, were purchased new.

ETA: the gun that was involved in the shooting was manufactured by Pietta

There were at least three negligent discharges of blanks on the set, a week prior to the shooting.

One of the reasons the camera crew quit the night before, was firearm safety.

During the prosecution’s opening remarks, it was never mentioned that plinking occurred on the set after hours. I would imagine that would’ve been a highlight of their remarks if it had occurred.

Alec Baldwin is an insufferable Egotistical prick, OK, I knew that before watching any of the interviews.

Last edited:

thescoutranch

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 5, 2020
    Georgetown
    The firearms, or at least the three pistols that the actors used, were purchased new.
    A clarification:

I believe it was the armorer who said they (her on the behalf of the movie Rust) bought them new, but she might’ve meant that they were new to her. They purchased them from a prop supply company so, it may be that they were used.

Last edited:

thescoutranch

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 5, 2020
    Georgetown
    One of the more interesting things that came out of the trial on day three was the FBI measured the trigger pull and it came in around 2 to 2 1/2 pounds,

Does anyone on here think that is low for a SAA stock pistol ?

During the FBI testing of accidental discharge, they strap the gun into a vise and hit it with a mallet on the six sides, top, bottom, left, right, front, back.
    They repeat this test with the hammer down, quarter cocked, half cocked and full cocked .

The results were two accidental discharges.
    One with the hammer down on a live round, hitting a hammer with the mallet not unexpected with this style of firearms, actually expected per the owners manual.

The second one was the hammer fully cocked, hitting the hammer with the mallet. This actually caused parts of the seer and parts of the trigger to fracture, causing the hammer fall.

The accidental discharge with the hammer in the down position would be irrelevant in this trial, I would think, because the hammer would’ve been sitting on a dummy round. During Alec Baldwin’s police interview, he stated repeatedly he cocked the gun and it went off without touching the trigger.
    According to the evidence presented, there were five dummy rounds and one live round in the pistol that was used at the time of the incident on the set.

In general, the FBI’s success rate of pulling latent fingerprints off of spent casings or unspent casings, is less than 1%.
    The FBI does not do DNA testing on cartridges due to the extremely low success rate vs labor involved.
    They do have the capability to do it, but it’s generally reserved just for “national emergency” type cases. (my words, not theirs.)

Lead Belly

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 25, 2022
    Lake Conroe
    Both of these actions are untouched by me. Taylor's tuned is a pound and regular is 1 pound 8 oz.

He has half pound variance in tests, which is rather inconsistent.

pull2.jpeg
    pull1.jpeg

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    You are welcome. I was a bit surprised how light those came out. I'll need to mention that if I let someone use it.
    Yeah, some makers are more conservative. Freedom Arms revolvers can be safely tuned to go under, sometimes well under, 1 pound. By policy, though, the factory won't go lower than 2.5 pounds. For hunting, their way is probably smart. But silhouette shooters who buy their revolvers tend to be miffed at the need to turn right around and send their brand new multi-kilobuck revolvers out to a 'smith to lighten the trigger pull.

I guess there will always be hoops to jump through if you want a 1 MOA revolver.

Top Bottom